Old November 19th, 2017, 11:02 AM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
@Zero to Hero

The crisp fall air rose a amber leaf from the grassy floor, up, spinning, twirling into the sky, before gently and elegantly drifting back to the ground. The young Baykit watched this with intense curiousity, leaping into the air, feebly clawing for the thing as it rose up once more, before a light breeze snatched it away faster than a RiverClan warrior snatches up fish from a stream. A look of disappointment gradually morphed onto the kit's brown tabby face, before he turned to chase after another leaf; this one crimson.
This routine played out for a rather long amount of time, before Baykit slowly became bored of this; the wind always won anyways. So he turned, his hazel eyes searching for anything else he could entertain himself with, before his gaze finally rested upon an unusually coloured tomcat whom he recognised to be Coastkit; another kit from another litter. Baykit had always been slightly envious of the other's unique pelt, though he'd never spoken to the tom. He'd always noticed that Coastkit was a very twitchy cat, always fidgeting and moving about. Baykit considered greeting the other, though wasn't sure if this other kit was nice or not.

A part of Baykit reminded him that there was about a 50/50 chance of this other cat being nice, though another reminded that there was still a 50/50 chance of this tom being mean, so to be safe, Baykit sat down, tail wrapped around his paws, and watched. He'd learned quickly that there was a lot you could learn about another by simply watching them; when talking to a cat outright, they can put on a show. Maybe boast and act like they feel highly about themself, but deep down, they're self conscious. But when you watched the other without them knowing, they acted simply like themself. If that made any sense. Baykit had yet to learn that this behaviour was considered creepy and otherwise known as stalking but in this point in time, the young tabby thought nothing of it.
Eventually, though, Baykit got to his paws and took a deep breath. Ill just ask if he wants to play. No harm in that! If he's mean and says no, I just won't have to talk to him ever again. Simple. He reassured himself as he padded over to the other. You'll never become leader if you can't talk to another kit without worrying! Baykit scolded himself, before opening his mouth and meowing,
"Hello," in a awkward manor, though loud enough for the other to hear. "I'm Baykit. Wanna play?" He asked curiously, hoping for the other to say yes. Baykit applauded himself mentally, having done exactly what his mother reminded him to do every day. I was friendly. Check. I introduced myself. Check. I asked if they wanted to play. Check. Baykit thought, smiling physically now, proud of himself for remembering everything.
Coastkit was obviously distracted. By his paws laid a half eaten meal, a small minnow with just a few bites taken from it. He was clearly trying to eat his breakfast, but every now and then the leaves would prove too interesting for this particular kitten to resist. A warrior would walk by, stepping on a leaf as they went, and just that small crunch would catch the bengal's attention, and he would leap entirely on instinct - and miss, but catch an entirely different leaf because they were everywhere. Then, he'd sit up, covered in the scraps of other pieces of 'prey,' holding his prize liked he'd just caught the biggest fish ever. Or, a small breeze would casually throw some leaves in the air, and Coast would leap for them, his mouth still full of minnow. This continued for minutes on end because of him being particularly bad at multitasking. Without his sister around to remind him to finish his meal, it was only worse. But, she had stuff to do, and Coastkit was content on being alone; he was having fun. Mid-leap for the fifth time, his stomach growled, so Coastkit slunk back to his half-eaten minnow and took ferocious bites; gulping down the food quickly now.

Then, Baykit approached... and Coastkit, with his mouth stuffed full once more, turned toward the other tom kit, but was half-distract by the leaves swirling behind him as he spoke. Impressingly, though, he caught the gist of what he was trying to say. Hi. Bay. Play? He swallowed the last bite of his meal, and then smiled, his grey-ish blue orbs lighting up with excitement. "Yeah!" The tom kit bounced on the tippy-toes of his paws, always ever-moving. "What do you wanna play???"

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!