View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:24 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Is Mapleshade Evil or Misunderstood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post

Mapleshade actually killed three cats and then attempted to murder a pregnant cat who had done nothing - she was Appledusk's new mate, but should not be punished for that.

The clan banished her because it is against the code to become mates with someone from another clan. And whether or not you and I may agree with that rule, that is the punishment for breaking the code. It is viewed as a betrayal to the clan, therefore the clan would not wish to have them among their ranks any longer.

Though I don't fully blame her for her kits' deaths, I did explain why she does share some blame above. And her mate abandoned her because he was heart-broken that their kits were dead, and blamed her.
(such as if someone you loved left the kids in the tub who then drowned on their watch, it would be extremely difficult to get over that - and relationships have actually ended after the kids are accidentally killed on one's watch)

I agree with that, but why did the Clan exile the kits, who were only a few moons old? There were other queens in the Clan, surely, who could've taken them in, instead of them being exiled for their mother breaking the code? (Just my opinion though.)