View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:03 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyalienboy View Post
the tom shook his head, ears perked. "i haven't ever fought in a battle, to be honest. i usually stay back and protect the camp. this time, i will most likely go out and fight. thunderclan would need all the help it can get to chase away windclan." he kneaded the ground with a clouded gaze, expression barren of a clear emotion. they were all jumbled together, each one clawing to the surface. it was how he usually was— a mixture of emotion. ever since he was a kit, that would be how he expressed himself. one moment, a feline could describe him as curious, but the next, he would be void of that feeling. he may be lazy, but he was rather expressive.
powdernose cocked his head to the side, looking at stonegazer through his peripheral vision. "snowstar and blazingstar have most definitely stepped past the point of negotiation, yes. a battle has a high chance of happening, but that does not mean that more blood should be shed," he inquired, tail swaying along the ground. his voice lay low, an accent weaving within his words. off-white fur bristled slightly, the quiet hum of his heartbeat sounding in his ears.
stopping, the tom examined stonegazer. he scrutinized the other's subtle changes in expression, determining what he felt.
"you seem aggravated. i suggest you calm your emotions. anger does not help anything— it only causes more energy to be used. of course, you are my elder, so you don't have to listen to me. i am merely stating my own thoughts of how to efficiently prepare for battle." powdernose chuckled and turned his full attention to the silver tom. "laziness has gotten me this far in life, hasn't it?"
The tom honestly wasn't too surprised at hearing that his younger companion had never fought in a battle. He was almost past the point of things coming as a real surprise to him now. Instead he stared carefully at Powdernose, then nodded a moment later like he understood what the other cat was talking about. "You've probably saved a lot of lives that way. There's no use in getting caught up in bloodshed unless you can save lives, after all." His mew was solemn and deep. Stonegazer had a naturally deep voice, and in his younger moons he used to play around with it - yes, even this stone-cold tom had once had a more playful nature. But, he hadn't truly played in quite some time.
In what felt like... well, moons, to be honest. He was an older warrior now, and he needed to set an example. Even in younger moons once he had become a warrior, he had become more serious. And he had remained that way ever since. "There's a chance it could stop this conflict. I am all for peace when negotiations are still able to happen, but if you think about it - more bloodshed just might end this once and for all. Perhaps this is how it should be." Stonegazer was a tom who believed "everything happened for a reason." There was always something in the universe working to make sure that things were even, and normal, or at least that was what he believed.
Perhaps it was a silly belief, but Stonegazer had thought that for a long time. That "thing" in the universe was likely StarClan, although he wasn't sure how much he believed in them and how much he thought they were tales for kits to hear from elders and queens. Medicine cats had actually seen StarClan, some leaders as well, and even warriors were visited in their dreams at times. When that happened to Stonegazer, perhaps he would believe more readily. An amused expression slowly appeared on the tom's maw, reluctant at first, and then seemed to become more comfortable there.
He let out a chuckle as well, though soon after his expression regained that serious look. It was just part of who he was... he was serious indeed. "You're quite the expert on being calm, aren't you?" If it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch for thinking so, there's just a chance that there could have been a purr in his throat when he spoke these words. Though that probably would have been a stretch - it was more of just a soft rumble.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.