Thread: The Last Straw
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default The Last Straw

The cats limped into the clearing. It was a ring of bushes and in the centre there was a pool of water. Everyone was on edge and angry with one another.
"All the travelling is no good for the kits! And Aura and Dash should be being trained by now seeing as they are the age of trainees..." DesertMoon mewed, worriedly.
"I swear if we have to move one more time, we're all going our separate ways because this is ridiculous!" Dash, one of the trainees, hissed. Every cat turned to look at Fleck, the cat who seemed to always take charge and lead the group.
"Hey, we first moved because we were attacked by a badger, we moved here because it was in the middle of nowhere and there just weren't enough resources. Now we have water and there's more plants and wildlife around so we should stay here for a little while. Now everyone calm down. This time we are not taking in any other rogues or loners we find, I promise."
"So how long is a little while exactly, Fleck?" his mate Aria, a black she-cat, growled.
"As long as we can stand it. Then i'm going to find Thorn or one of the other she-cats that care about me...If I'm going to die soon of hunger or thirst, I at least want more offspring."
DesertMoon and Aria shrieked at this. "Ehem? You have two kits here that are only a few days old!"
"AND two that are trainees. Dash needs you to teach him the vital life skills! "
"If we are all splitting up, I'm going to live with one of the healers, or on my own with my kits!"
"I'm going to live with Shadow, or Fox!"
"I'm going to live with Ferox or Aries...Artemis whatever that she-cat was called, I liked her, we're having kits!" Dash added to all the shouting.
"I'm...I'm...All of you stop it!" Aura screeched, barely louder than her arguing family. "Just live! Focus on surviving, instead of who you would rather live with, or who you love..." no one really listened, they just grunted and started to drink.