Thread: The Last Straw
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: The Last Straw

It was a particularly hot day, and a day of no prey. These were the worst kinds of days. And on this particularly bad day, Dash was particularly fed up. "Nope I'm...this is rubbish. I'm leaving!"
"Where will you go, kit?" His father spat, clearly in a bad mood because Fleck usually loved Dash. "With Ferox...real Syndicate cats."
"but who's gonna train you?"
"I'll train myself! I'll probably pick some things up from my friends..." Dash snapped. Fleck growled. "Go then! We'll have one less mouth to feed! No one should want you! You're a burden!" It was then that his mother, Aria, stepped in. "You do whatever you want my son...do what works for you and what you think is best...your father is only worried about you!" The black Molly mewed. It scared Dahs seeing his mother as skinny as she was. "And if you ever want to come back, we'll hopefully still be here. I love you with all my heart Dash...remember this..." She buried her muzzle in his grey fur. The sun was still high and if he left now he could probably make it to a clearing where he could rest for the night. Just then, his sister Aura tumbled out of her nest looking distraught and upset. "Oh but Dash! We'll miss you! Please don't leave me...who will I play with while DesertRose and DaisyPetal are still kits?"
"I don't want to leave you, sis...but it'll be easier for you all if there's less mouths to feed and more space...just think, you can have that whole bush to yourself for a little while!"
"I guess. But will I ever see you again?" Her purple-blue eyes were tearing up now and her voice shaking. "I'm sure you will...whether it's in dreams or life...I'll still be here...keep my nest warm will you?" The dark grey flecked Tom's voice was shaking too. Smiling at Aura, the two nuzzled eachother. "Okay. Bye..."
"Goodbye!" DesertMoon mewed.
"Goodbye" Aria smiled, now crying but she didn't make a sound. Fleck just grunted and slumped into his nest.