Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
She couldn't help but stifle a purr at Shinefang's words. Of course Starclan wanted him. Maybe he hadn't been shown some amazing prophecy, or have the closest relationship with Starclan, but Slatepelt knew that of anyone, her mate deserved this opportunity. Past all the thorns and barriers he had created to keep those from his heart, she knew he was a sweet, kind cat with a heart big enough to help all five clans. Shaking her head, Slatepelt entwined her tail with his, "Yes, you wouldn't be here otherwise." She stated briskly, her eyes shining with pride. Perhaps their lives would have been different had she lived, but the pieces were falling into place now. The starclan warrior believed in him. She believed that he was made for this, even before her death.
One of the old tom's shredded ears, "I suppose I can't argue there." Starclan may be made up of greedy foxhearts who only knew taking, but they were powerful alright. Tentatively, he let her twine his tail with his. Shinefang had lived a full life as a warrior. He had fought and provided for his clan, he'd seen leader's come and go. It was strange to see his life beginning again in a sense. He supposed he should be thankful. Not many cats got to live two lives. But he would have traded it all for just one life with Slatepelt. Even now as she sat beside him, pressed against his fur, as nice as it felt, he couldn't let her in. He couldn't bring himself to feel the freeing, unguarded love that he'd felt before. Some part of him wailed for that unquestioned love, but he couldn't. Not yet at least. Maybe not ever. He had hurt too long and too intensely and used anger as a healing balm until he had gone numb. But even so...perhaps he could just stay here with her a little longer. "So what happens now? Do I see a vision or does Daypaw just wake up and declare me a certified medicine cat? And if your twinkly friends have advise about this Thunderclan and Windclan foxdung, that would be nice too."