View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Did she hear him correctly? Fawnfern blinked a doe-eyed expression when Weaselshade assured her that he liked her name. It made her just a tiny bit better hearing those words....unless he was lying to her. The hostile feeling of Weaselshade lying to her was gone in a flash. Now, Weaselshade might intentionally annoy or ignore her most times, but she doubt he would ever lie to her. “Oh.” Fawnfern said. The reason he wanted her name changed was because he wanted to help her. Not out of spite, because he disliked her. It made perfect sense! All the other cats had these estranged, complicated names that made them warriors. Whenever they looked at Fawnfern - when she was Thea - it was an expression of disgust. Usually, Fawnfern paid no mind to anyone. In addition, she had been lucky enough to make a few nonjudgmental friends who liked her for a humor and not background. She still found it misleading, however. With a warrior name now, others would hardly know that she used to be a kittypet. Perhaps...that was a good thing. One thing she did know was that full-clan kits was accepting in their clan. Her kits were half-kittypet, and maybe that would follow them for the rest of their lives. She recalled the day when Weaselshade told her that he wasn’t full Windclan. His adoptive mother was Windclan, found him on the borders. So, if he weren’t Windclan...then what clan was he? What was his true background? For all she knew, he was probably as much kittypet as she was. Or possibly loner or rogue. “I just wish these cats accepted me for who I am and not from where I came from. It’s like whenever I tell someone I’m a former kittypet - they act like a murdered Windclan’s leader!” She spat. Being in a clan was such a troubling thing to her. Sometimes she wondered why she settled for the likes of it. If that wasn’t enough, she was still baffled as to why Weaselshade wanted to help her. Especially with all the arguing they did...a change of heart, possibly? Fawnfern slowly got to her paws and she climbed out her nest, shaking the debris from her lithe form. Her blue eyes looked up at Weaselshade. “Alright, Weasel, what else you want me to change about myself? Maybe we’ll frolic into the sunset and groom each other’s fur now, what do you say?” Even if a new name, she was still the same feisty feline. Her tone had been joking and sarcastic, a hint of playfulness toward the tom. She was still a little bitter over her name change, but she’ll get used to it after some time.

Weaselshade just sat there, letting Fawnfern think. He didn't really bother trying to annoy her anymore. He found that the only time he really did something mean to her anymore was if she started an argument. So maybe that was all the time but it was never his fault. It was hers. She started arguments a lot and Weaselshade had to admit the first few times he'd seen her calm and the first time she'd been nice to him he'd been shocked. But he was good with her being a friend. Despite her feisty irritating personality she was really nice to hang out with. He couldn't really blame her for thinking he had disliked her name since they had been so rude to each other just one or two moons before. And that wasn't just during arguments. That was all the time. If he had been in her position he probably would have thought that to. But he had never judged her for being a kittypet, or for her name so it was kind of strange that she might ask, or actually care what he thought anyway. Though he had never understood why she had held onto her name he hadn't judged. He hadn't understood because though he wasn't full clan he had been raised since he was a young kit to be a clan cat. He knew how to hunt and fight just like a warrior. Even if he might have been a kittypet just like her. "Is it really that bad?" he asked, slightly shocked at what she said. Weaselshade had known that Fawnfern was disliked by many because she was a kittypet but he never expected that the cats acted like she had murdered WindClan's leader. She was a clan cat now, she lived in a clan, she had a clan name, she was raising clan kits. Was she exaggerating? Maybe she was just angry and exaggerating, but if it was real the thought troubled him. When she spoke again, Weaselshade smiled. He heard the playful note in her voice and knew that if he said something happily back it might take her mind away from her new name and the cats who teased her. "Why not? Let's find you a mate and you can go learn how to be a warrior." He teased, smiling at the she-cat. He knew that she didn't want to be a warrior, she was happy where she was in the nursery. And he definitely wasn't going to try and convince her to learn to be a warrior. He didn't know if she wanted a mate, but neither of those things mattered. He was just hoping that she might get happier if she was at least happy enough to tease him back.