View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 01:17 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Aspenburr walked on down the border, hitting any place that seemed to be faint on scent markers. He was hesitant in putting the marks though, as he didn't want to encroach on the other clan's territory. He always laid his markers a bit further back that the previous Windclan marks. As he marked, a familiar scent washed over his nostrils. The tom cat turned and saw the former deputy approaching him. He immediately straightened up and smiled politely to the black she cat. "Greetings Onyxwhisper." He said with a small dip of his head. He reminded himself though that he needn't act so formal around her. She wasn't the deputy anymore, and he was a warrior. The two were on the same level. He gave a small nod of his head. "Yes I figured that with these battles and all, a bit of freshening wouldn't hurt. Unless of course you think the other Clan might see us as being overprotective and hostile towards them." He added on quickly. "You have more experience, especially having been deputy. Where as I have just finished my apprenticeship."

Onyxwhisper dipped her head in return, she knew it would take some time for cats to loosen up around her since she wasn't deputy anymore. She was kind of taking aback that Aspenburr was asking her for advice, but she was happy to help. She took a few moments to think before answering the toms question, she didn't want to come off like she thought she was still an authority figure but he was right, she had more experience with this type of stuff. "To be honest, I think Shadowclan takes many things as hostile. It sometimes always seems like they're looking for a fight or an excuse to take some cats territory." She mewed, she respected Shadowclans determination and loyalty to their blood line but they were quick to fight and stubborn. "If we don't mark the border they might think we are giving up or are weak. Many cats already think Windclan is the weakest clan, besides the markers are a bit too faded out and they need to be marked anyway. I'm sure that if we don't mark it the next Shadowclan patrol might try to mark over into our territory." She finished, giving Aspenburr advice made her feel a lot better, that was one of the many things she missed about being deputy.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!