View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot flinched as the tom's blow landed. His breath stopped once again when he spotted the dark color of blood fall from Silence's ear. He wrinkled his nose, only able to imagine how much that must have hurt. It was a while before any more air returned to the young tom's lungs. His heart dropped when he realized that the stranger knew that Hoot was hiding in the den. He was crow-food for sure now.

Silence, however, hadn't given up just yet it seemed. She was still protecting her guest. Hoot had to agree with the other tom. Why was Silence protecting Hoot? It really didn't come as much of a surprise to him after seeing all of the plants and the flowers. Silence is too kind to cats she doesn't know, Hoot thought. But why is she risking herself for me? The she-cat had already gotten herself injured trying to protect the tom she'd only met today. It was foolish at best. Hoot didn't want her getting hurt trying to protect him.

The she-cat's words seemed to stir something in Hoot. He was still scared beyond belief. But he was scared for himself and Silence. Hoot couldn't remember the last time he was scared for someone else. A tiny ounce of courage returned to the green-eyed tom. Slowly, he rose from his crouching position and carefully padded into the clearing. He moved far enough to be sure he was in Silence's range of vision, but far enough that the stranger wouldn't be able to reach him with one leap.

Hoot took a few deep breaths, trying to regain his strength and voice. "I don't know who you are, but you aren't welcome here. I suggest you leave and don't ever come back." The younger tom felt his tan fur begin to rise around his neck. He wanted to snarl at the stranger, but his lips were quivering just a little bit and he didn't want to bring attention to it. But he was doing it! He was standing up to this cat, for his sake along with Silence's.

Silence smiled softly at Hoot, seeing his words from the corner of her eye. Seems the young tom was a little more plucky than she'd thought. The smile faded quickly, though when Spark sneered down at her. "So, you're going for younger toms, now?" He swiped at her again, but the small she-cat ducked. "How pathetic. I told you when you left, no one else could ever love you." Silence lunged for his ankles, causing Spark to retreat a few steps. Though he looked more amused than threatened.

Her pelt burned with embarrassment at his crass insinuation. She bared her teeth at him. Get out! But he ignored her, taking a few steps towards Hoot. "You know that she's broken, don't you? Why on earth do you want her?" He snickered "You've smelled all the other cats that've been here, I'm sure. You're just another wanderer she shelters to feel good about herself. She doesn't really care about you, you know." His cold eyes raked over Silence accusingly before returning to Hoot "This isn't your business, so I suggest you leave."

Silence's eyes flashed with anger, and she lunged at him again, jumping to snap at his neck and swiping at his legs. Spark was forced to retreat again. It was all Silence could do to keep him moving. But he was toying with her, as he always was. If the tom decided to actually fight she was no match for him. But, if she could get him as far away from Hoot as possible, her friend would have more time to escape once the flighting started.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; January 20th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.