View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:06 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
"Well that's quite rude of you to say, don't you think?" Hoot countered. He took half a step forward, but not daring to move any closer. "It's also very impolite to talk about other cats as if they aren't standing right in front of you." This felt good. This trash talk. It felt good to try and be intimidating too. The more he spoke, the more confident the tom became. As the stranger turned to speak to Hoot, he stiffened, but held his ground. His claws dug into the ground beneath him as if his rapidly beating heart would blow him away. "Broken?" He mewed incredulously. "You mean her deafness? She like she's functioning well enough." Hoot motioned his tail around the clearing. He struggled to continue his menacing act while heat burned under his pelt. The stranger's accusations were unwarranted, but appeared as if they were fueled by jealousy.

"It's not like that at all." The younger tom assured him. "We're not- we aren't together. We're acquaintances. Friends at best. And what does all of that matter? Perhaps she's using me, but maybe I'm using her too. This clearing isn't a bad place to stay and I've been fed so far." The tom's words had almost shaken him. It was possible Silence was just a selfish she-cat that was using him. But weren't all cats selfish deep down? But the plants. . . That entire scene between the two of them seemed to genuine. "Yeah," Hoot said firmly, looking into the tom's cold eyes. "It may not be my business, but I'm actually finding it pretty hard to stand by and say nothing." The Abyssinian tom's voice burned with the truth.

The tom's green eyes widened as Silence suddenly jumped towards the tom. He watched her with confusion. She probably wasn't much of a match for the stranger. Why would she go pick a fight with him? Perhaps she thought that Hoot would jump in to help her. It's possible that he would and could, but he wasn't much of a fighter. He imagined trying to talk the other tom out of the clearing would be the safest bet. But maybe Silence knew something that Hoot didn't.

Spark looked shocked at Hoot actually retorted. Recovering himself, he dodged Silence's attacks, almost allowing her to push him back towards the edge of the clearing. Eyes flashing with contempt, he struck back, one large paw slamming down on her throat, pinning her violently.

Silence let out a strangled, gurgling gasp, the sound ripping from her like a scream. She felt the coldness of Spark's claws sliding out across her skin, then the dribble of blood that followed. Not enough to kill her, just a scrape, to show how much more powerful he was. "She has you fooled well. She didn't tell you about her past, did she? About me." He cast another glance down at her with his piercing ice eyes, and Silence felt her heart stop, for just a moment. She was frozen, both in fear and in pain, trying desperately to figure a way out of his grasp.

"You see, my father and I found her as a kit, abandoned by her family after she was deafened. We took her in and raised her, cared for her, taught her how to survive in the world despite her lameness. Then, when my father died, she abandoned me--after I'd devoted my life to her! I cared for her! I loved her!" As his rage became more passionate, his claws sank a little further into her flesh, bit by bit. Silence's eyes strayed from Spark, for just a moment, and looked to Hoot.

It's not true! She said, pain and fear in her eyes It's not! This further enraged Spark; the dappled tom growled "Leave! This is not your fight, stranger. This is between me and my wayward mate." At that word Silence struck out, anger making her small body tremble. Spark had been distracted, and that was all she needed. Her claws hit skin, and the tom recoiled with a surprised yelp. The little she-cat scrambled away from him, blood dripping from her neck. Her face contorted with anger and pain as she snarled at him, ears pressed flat against her skull.

Mates?? Never! Not with you in this lifetime. She hastily backed towards Hoot, eyes darting between the stunned Spark and her friend. Hoot, it's not safe.He's not the type to leave without bloodshed--and I don't think mine will be enough this time. She dug her claws into the ground as the pain from her wounds hit her. I don't want you hurt.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; January 23rd, 2018 at 03:36 PM.