View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:44 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Spark looked shocked at Hoot actually retorted. Recovering himself, he dodged Silence's attacks, almost allowing her to push him back towards the edge of the clearing. Eyes flashing with contempt, he struck back, one large paw slamming down on her throat, pinning her violently.

Silence let out a strangled, gurgling gasp, the sound ripping from her like a scream. She felt the coldness of Spark's claws sliding out across her skin, then the dribble of blood that followed. Not enough to kill her, just a scrape, to show how much more powerful he was. "She has you fooled well. She didn't tell you about her past, did she? About me." He cast another glance down at her with his piercing ice eyes, and Silence felt her heart stop, for just a moment. She was frozen, both in fear and in pain, trying desperately to figure a way out of his grasp.

"You see, my father and I found her as a kit, abandoned by her family after she was deafened. We took her in and raised her, cared for her, taught her how to survive in the world despite her lameness. Then, when my father died, she abandoned me--after I'd devoted my life to her! I cared for her! I loved her!" As his rage became more passionate, his claws sank a little further into her flesh, bit by bit. Silence's eyes strayed from Spark, for just a moment, and looked to Hoot.

It's not true! She said, pain and fear in her eyes It's not! This further enraged Spark; the dappled tom growled "Leave! This is not your fight, stranger. This is between me and my wayward mate." At that word Silence struck out, anger making her small body tremble. Spark had been distracted, and that was all she needed. Her claws hit skin, and the tom recoiled with a surprised yelp. The little she-cat scrambled away from him, blood dripping from her neck. Her face contorted with anger and pain as she snarled at him, ears pressed flat against her skull.

Mates?? Never! Not with you in this lifetime. She hastily backed towards Hoot, eyes darting between the stunned Spark and her friend. Hoot, it's not safe.He's not the type to leave without bloodshed--and I don't think mine will be enough this time. She dug her claws into the ground as the pain from her wounds hit her. I don't want you hurt.
The tom stepped back with surprise as the action resumed once more. Horror flooded through his veins. "Stop it! Stop it!" Hoot's voice was weak the first time. He was hardly audible. He was frozen with fear once more. Hoot was growing far too familiar with the sickening paralysation of terror. Silence's version of a scream sent shivers down his spine. Panting heavily, Hoot narrowed his eyes as the stranger spoke. His gaze flickered between Silence and the stranger, unsure. Was Silence that cruel? Had she ditched the son of the cat who raised her? The cat who loved her?

The pain in the she-cat's eyes told him otherwise. He believed her. The younger tom didn't know much about mates, but he knew that these two. . . They were not what mates were supposed to be. Hoot held his breath as Silence slipped out from the tom's grasp. Her reaction to the stranger's words told him he was right. Hoot was nearly as repulsed by the tom as Silence was.

Hoot stared at the she-cat, visually torn. He was too invested now. He'd seen and heard too much. It would be hard to walk away. Another part of him wanted to, however. For his own safety. It was merely survival talking. He could leave the two cats. He could leave this place and head for the Twolegplace. Maybe he'd be able to see it from a really tall tree. He'd climb it and then head home. He could be back in his nest in the birdbath in no more than a day and a half. But what kind of cat would I be if I just left her? He knew the answer. If he left Silence now, he'd be just like every cat that he hated. Ever cat the used him, every cat that betrayed him, he'd be just like them. Hoot would be a hypocrite.

I can't, Hoot pleaded silently. I can't go. There has to be something I can do to help you. I'm not a coward. He was desperate for an answer or an easy solution.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic