View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:14 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The tom stepped back with surprise as the action resumed once more. Horror flooded through his veins. "Stop it! Stop it!" Hoot's voice was weak the first time. He was hardly audible. He was frozen with fear once more. Hoot was growing far too familiar with the sickening paralysation of terror. Silence's version of a scream sent shivers down his spine. Panting heavily, Hoot narrowed his eyes as the stranger spoke. His gaze flickered between Silence and the stranger, unsure. Was Silence that cruel? Had she ditched the son of the cat who raised her? The cat who loved her?

The pain in the she-cat's eyes told him otherwise. He believed her. The younger tom didn't know much about mates, but he knew that these two. . . They were not what mates were supposed to be. Hoot held his breath as Silence slipped out from the tom's grasp. Her reaction to the stranger's words told him he was right. Hoot was nearly as repulsed by the tom as Silence was.

Hoot stared at the she-cat, visually torn. He was too invested now. He'd seen and heard too much. It would be hard to walk away. Another part of him wanted to, however. For his own safety. It was merely survival talking. He could leave the two cats. He could leave this place and head for the Twolegplace. Maybe he'd be able to see it from a really tall tree. He'd climb it and then head home. He could be back in his nest in the birdbath in no more than a day and a half. But what kind of cat would I be if I just left her? He knew the answer. If he left Silence now, he'd be just like every cat that he hated. Ever cat the used him, every cat that betrayed him, he'd be just like them. Hoot would be a hypocrite.

I can't, Hoot pleaded silently. I can't go. There has to be something I can do to help you. I'm not a coward. He was desperate for an answer or an easy solution.

Silence smiled at him, gently. Taking a few steps towards him, she reached up and touched her nose to his ear, briefly, though she winced as she stretched her neck. Then continue to be brave, please. Spark twists the truth, do not let him fool you. I'll tell you everything once this is over, okay?

The mottled tom had watched their interaction, visibly growing more agitated. But Silence's affection towards the younger tom sent him into a full on rage, and he stalked towards the other two. Silence could not wait for Hoot's response, but turned towards Spark as he advanced. She met him halfway, making sure to keep him distanced from Hoot.

The little black cat then simply sat down, tail curling over her paws. She looked Spark directly in the eyes. The anger and hate in them caused her to quake again, but she didn't move, even as he stood over her, snarling. "What was that?? You still claim you aren't involved?" She answered Not like that. He is my friend and my guest here. Her calm answer only enraged him further. "Lair! I'll kill you!" Silence looked up at Spark, the monster who haunted her. Orange eyes met ice.

Do it.

Spark's growl ripped through the air, meshing with the thunder as it rolled in with the hard grey clouds overhead. Opening his jaws, he tackled her, mouth closing around her throat. The she-cat remained motionless, calm despite the shaking of her body. Heartbeats passed, but nothing happened. Spark seemed almost frozen, unable to make the kill but just as unwilling to let her go.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; January 24th, 2018 at 07:57 PM.