View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:39 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"Chervil is good for belly aches and also for treating infected wounds, theyre also good for kitting to ease the pain of a queen. its a multipurpose herb and is pretty valuabe and common. it looks alot like fern, but the leaves themselves are more spiked on the ridges and spread apart. its easy to get them mixed up though. the one way to also tell them apart is their scent, they smell sweet, almost like honey and can sometimes have white flowers in new leaf." they explained clearly from memory. "Its more commonly found in forest like territories, so like yours or thunderclan, and sometimes shadowclan. you want to chew them to get the juice out of the leaves and spit that juice into the wound or have the patient swallow it."
"It's good for kitting queens, eh?" Shinefang wondered allowed. "Good to know..." Shinefang's ear gave a twitch as he listened to how to locate chervil, all the while waiting for an opportunity to ask more about assisting queens in giving birth. He had meant to move on and ask about his other patient in the den recovering from a broken leg, but his old apprentice and younger sister to his mate Slatepelt was due to kit any day now, and the prospect made him more nervous than he cared to admit to any of his clanmates, though he suspected many of them knew already. He held up a paw as Daydream finished speaking about chervil. "Right yes yes. Kitting though. Obviously its not as though I'm likely to get a lesson in the midst of a queen giving birth, but a few queens are just about ready to pop any day in the nursery. I know the basics: tear the kit's sack open with your teeth and lick their fur backwards, the queen can bite down on a stick when the pain comes... what else have you got? I don't want to find myself empty pawed with any of them. I trained one of them to be a warrior you see. Many moons ago."

Though he tried to come off as calm, but curious, Shinefang worried deeply about the possibility of failing a queen who needed his help in this vital part of clan life. Not only because they needed him, but losing a queen while kitting... it would be too much like like losing his mate all over again. He had barely survived it once. He didn't think he'd last through a second time.