View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 11:47 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Where did Erin Hunter lose your interest and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post
Starting losing it in the New Prophecy and the Power of Three arc killed it for me.
realized i never answered "why"

but i could never get into the clans being driven out of their homes and moving beyond a mountain range to find their new home, especially with little to no casualties (iirc there was only one, and he fell off a ledge).

the old territory was fantastic and it was replaced by some .. bland lake with a dock and some nearby stables. i'd understand the desire for a change of scenery but the endgame wasn't worth the six books that led to it. even the tribe seemed out of place; the idea of another faction with a different set-up is awesome, but the erins gave us a handful of pushovers who were being hunted by a mountain lion and couldn't even defend their borders from another invading group.

the power of three introduced the idea of "powers" and "reincarnations" to the series, and that didn't even pan out. the "power of the three" was useless (and they ended up losing the powers anyway, with them minimally being used in the "great battle") and the reincarnations that took place don't have much meaning - who cares about jay's wing / dove's wing / lion's roar ? the only one that did anything substantial in life was jay's wing, and that doesn't warrant a reincarnation when no one else has had one. not to mention, they botched the "reincarnation" of cinderheart / cinderpelt and made it an outright possession instead.

don't even want to get into omen of the stars and their "the dark forest is coming!!!! they're invading the living we gotta fight them"
wasn't even worth firestar finally dying

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules