Old May 23rd, 2023, 11:45 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Butterflykiss

Relieved to hear the purr rumbling in her companions chest, she relaxed, settling into a more comfortable position and drawing a paw over tufted rust colored ears. Letting out a soft laugh, she ducked her head slightly before looking back up as the child victoriously crowed from the side of the nursery. Chuckling as she turned back to face the tom as he spoke, Butterflykiss tilted her head to the side. "If I had that much energy, I could rebuild the camp all by myself without needing a nap afterwards." She was in no way a lazy cat, of course. Anyone who knew her would understand that, but she also valued sleep and enjoyed it as a hobby whenever it was appropriate.

Mulling over possible ways to position herself so she didn't look like a stiff, she eventually decided on propping herself up with two front paws and blinking over at Lioncrest. The dappled warrior decided to try and straighten the fur on her tail, feeling the need to also fidget with something so she wouldn't look like the only one not being productive. And like stroking her tail tip was being productive.

Nodding in agreement, she prepared to reply when he asked her a... surprising question. Not offending, per se- it took a lot for her to get offended, more like... confused? Maybe a little excited by the idea of being a parent, even if she felt like she was too young for such a responsibility? "I'm sure he will. He isn't mine, though. I'm not even close to getting to that stage in my life." She both wanted to be a parent and didn't want to go through the heartache she had seen so many cats go through. It was a messy, complicated subject, though luckily she had seasons ahead of her to figure it out.

"I don't think any child of mine would be that outgoing, unless the apple fell freakishly far from the tree, if you know what I mean." She had never been the type of cat to draw attention to herself. More like, she preferred to just... fade into the background as everyone's supportive friend and let the less awkward and timid cats do their thing. While she wasn't against the spotlight, she just wasn't a fan. Unlike young Frogkit, it seemed.

[ @Jayvines ]
~Lioncrest~

He truly was a trend setter wasn't he... As his clanmate began to follow him in the task of grooming and straightening their appearance, a small spark of pride lit up in Lioncrest's chest. He was a wonderful influence to his peers. Perhaps one of the best, if he was honest about it. However, his silent praise was suddenly cut short as the she-cat next to him informed him of his misstep.

Oh. Oh, he had made too deep of an assumption hadn't he. Giving his ruff a few licks to prevent a flush of embarrassment as he mulled over her response, the golden tom merely hummed in affirmation.

"I apologize. I did not see a resemblance, but it is good to see cats keeping an eye on kits even if they are not their own blood," he started, giving his head a shake before glancing back to Butterflykiss with a curiously tilted head as her words sunk in. "You do not think your litters would excel? That is certainly a curious way to perceive yourself and your abilities... Personally, I am certain that any kit of mine would be receptive to being molded towards success, even if they were not an exact duplicate of myself."

Certainly Lioncrest's future kits would do marvelously in Thunderclan; there was no possible way for them not to be with him as their sire. Ah, he was getting ahead of himself again. One had to first find a suitable mate before kits were even a possibility.