View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2017, 08:08 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
Featherpaw could see in the tom’s gaze that he wanted to ask about Moonpaw. He wasn’t the only one; she’d heard the question many times from a multitude of cats. Each time, Featherpaw responded honestly and told them as much as she knew, which of course was never enough. She’d say, “All I know is that she was injured terribly and that Surgestorm did all that he could to save her, like anyone would. Moonpaw was simply too far injured to survive; why she did not make it I cannot say.” And end the conversation right then and there. Featherpaw hadn’t ever been an extremely conversational cat, though she did in fact prefer to talk to cats older than she, like warriors or Elders. She could learn more from them than a cat her age who’d had the same experiences. The white shecat shifted a bit, shaking out her fluffy white pelt. Her startling blue gaze fell back to Aspenpaw, her face kind. “Honestly? I’ve been better.” She replied with a shiver. “And what about you?” Featherpaw asked out of curiosity.

Unlike some cats, Featherpaw did not have a tragic backstory. She had a kind family, a kind mother, a kind father, and kind siblings. The only reason why the She-cat seldom spoke to her parents was because she simply was never close with them. They had nothing in common besides being related by blood. Featherpaw held no resentment whatsoever towards her parents, she merely was so different from them that they hardly knew what to speak of when they were around her. She’d always been a resourceful kit, so Featherpaw was fine without the aid of parental guidance. Her siblings were the same as her parents, being that she had very little in common with them. They didn’t get along fantastically but they rarely argued severely. She and her litter mates got into minor disagreements occasionally, like all siblings, but nothing very major. So that was why Featherpaw was often seen away from her family members.
Relating to her statement was effortless for the apprentice; he had seen much better days, specifically the days when his two closest friends were still around. It was rough, of course, but he was doing his best. While it wasn't going great for him, it was going...okay. "Same as you. I've been better." The death of Moonpaw had taken a toll on everyone who knew her, though the toll it had taken on Tawnypaw seemed to be the strongest. It had driven her away from the Clan, away from Aspenpaw... he would have helped her to deal with it. Or at least, handle it. Though now he wasn't so sure that he could have, being in this state himself. There wasn't much left for him here now, as dramatic and immature as that sounded, it felt like that now. He'd failed at comforting Tawnypaw, when she needed him the most.

He had lost Moonpaw, who'd felt a lot like a kindred spirit to him. They'd had a lot in common, and Aspenpaw missed that. As cheerful as she had been, as friendly as she had been, she hadn't been... overly energetic. That was what he liked, what he wished more cats could be like. He really hadn't been interacting much with clanmates lately - Featherpaw was the first cat he'd talked to in half a moon or so, outside of training. And even training had been slowing down lately. Aspenpaw would be a warrior soon, but he couldn't even be happy about it - much to his mentor's annoyance. "So..." His voice trailed off, and he shifted his weight a little. However badly Aspenpaw wanted to ask about Moonpaw, it could wait. First thing was first; maybe it would help him if he could help the white apprentice.

"Is there anything you need?" Wait, that wasn't right. "Let me rephrase that. Is there anything I could do to make things better for you?" The tom awaited her answer with growing impatience, wondering if this was going to be the thing that could get him out of the... funk he was in. It was quite irritating, really, being in this down-in-the-dumps state. He was used to getting other cats out of this, not being in it himself. He was the type of cat to get anyone out of this. Honestly, Aspenpaw just hadn't felt like himself recently.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.