View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Ashfeather continued to smile, a look of pleasure on her face as she did so. She continued to purr, although it had stopped being the roaring, rumbling sound and had settled down to a kind of vibration, much quieter and calmer than before. "Hm, yes...I haven't really thought about it before," Ashfeather mewed, her smile fading and a thoughtful expression suddenly appearing. She had definitely never thought about kits before. She had often wondered what it might be like to be a Mother, but she hadn't really tried to pursue it. After all, Ashenstorm was quite enough for her, although since she didn't see quite enough of him these days, it might be nice to have kits to keep her company. However, she wasn't at all sure if Ashenstorm would want kits. He would make a wonderful Father, she was sure of that, but she didn't know if she had it in him to actually want to be one.

She knew just thinking about it was making her a little nervous, and her purr was now beginning to falter slightly. It stopped completely a moment later and she raised herself into a sitting position, looking at Ashenstorm with a thoughtful expression. "Have you...ever thought about kits...before?" She asked slowly, some of her old nervous tone coming back. It had been a while since she had felt shy or nervous around him, but with the serious turn the conversation seemed to have taken, she felt as though she couldn't speak clearly. She wasn't sure why, after all this was Ashenstorm...the cat that she would trust with her life, the only cat that she had ever loved, and her best friend in her known world. There really wasn't a reason to be nervous, but Ashfeather, being the awkward young warrior that she was, felt very much so while speaking to him now. She continued to watch him, her blue hues now filled with the slightest worry, and her silvery tail beginning to twitch a little. What would he think of her for asking a question like that? It was a strange question to ask, to be sure...although rather appropriate at the time, at least it had seemed that way to her. Then again, Ashfeather had very little, if any at all, social awareness, and therefore the moment had not been right for her to ask after all. Her tail continued to twitch in an odd, jerking motion. C'mon Ashfeather, you were bound to ask that sooner or later...after all the thinking you've done...and there's no reason for you to be nervous, Ashenstorm is a lovely tom and he's completely understanding, so take a deep breath and try to be calm. Ashfeather managed to regain her smile, and she maintained eye contact with him, at least the best that she could.

(Do you think they should have kits? I was thinking about it for a while, but I wasn't sure whether or not they should x3)

Though his eyes widened in response, Ashenstorm did not reply immediately, trying his best to not be so instinctively reactive towards the unknown, when he had the time at least. This... he had only a little bit of time, the tom could recall how Ashfeather had a tendency to over react when met with silence so she'd need some comforting level of a response soon. He thought about his life, and how much better it had gotten since he had befriended Ashfeather, she had been able to calm his anxious mind to a much more acceptable level. She meant a lot to him, and her thoughts and wants were always on his radar. The fact she brought up kits... could mean she was interested in the idea, which meant a lot to him. The tom had heard of mates that didn't have kits because they didn't see that sorta partner in their mate. It was an honor to him to be chosen as a mate in the first place. Thinking still about the decision, it would mean she would been confined to the queens den at some point, which would mean he'd sleep alone for a few moons.

"It would be... the greatest service we could do to our clan, giving them kits that will grow up to carry on the Skyclan way of life, it'd also... be nice to look at our kits grow up. I..." His voice trailing off as he found his own purr fading away, he was too focused on his thinking, it was an important decision, he knew he could hunt enough to make up for her not hunting in the moons required. Would he get to see her as often still? He couldn't let himself worry too much about that, it was a few moons, then they'd be able to sleep together again. "I think I would like the idea of kits. Do you think you're ready to become a queen? I mean we can wait a few other moons." the tom murmured quietly, his tail flicking back and forth, eventually pressing up against her mates side, trying to give her some comfort.