View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:21 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

"Of course I'm well, why wouldn' I be? You always gotta find a reason to be well, even when things aren't. Don't ignore the bad stuff, just... find some good in it." She gave the tomcat a smile as he sat down next to her, happy that he'd agreed to her help. Because goodness, he needed a cleaning and he would get that if she could help it. As he offered her the hare tho, Mooselily tilted her head, eyes narrowing slightly. "You didn't have to, I coulda gone and grabbed something myself. I'm not helpless ya know." She chuckled, but her voice was firm to make sure it was drilled into the tomcat's head. She could and would do things on her own.
Flurryheart actually found himself relaxing beside the she-cat, despite the strange twisty feeling he got in his stomach when she gave him that stern look. Starclan, the last time he’d felt like that was when he’d caught sight of that new warrior at a gathering moons ago. He’d never found her again after that night, but the memory of her had gotten him through to his warrior ceremony. It became bittersweet as he grew and realized he’d been holding out for true love with a she-cat he barely knew and likely would never see again. That was when he’d chalked love up to a kit-tale and decided to live his life alone. Now that feeling was back and he couldn’t for the life of him figure out what to do about it.
The fluffy warrior nodded at her words and responded, “I admire your optimism. I’ve been finding it difficult to have my own of late. Though, something recently brought it back.” He wasn’t sure what had brought the light back into his life, but he had recently started feeling much more optimistic about the future of Windclan. At Mooselily’s insistence that she could do things for herself, his stubborn side peeked through and rather smothered his nerves. Chuckling quietly, Flurryheart pointed out, “and I can groom my own fur- yet here we are.” Then he pushed the hare closer to her and meowed in his own stern tone, the one he used on apprentices to send them scurrying to do their chores, “I have a duty to repay kind cats for their kindness. Besides, my mother raised me to be polite, and no tom worth his tail would intrude on a lady’s relaxation without something to show for it.” He offered a grin that made him feel mousebrained and quickly smothered it in favor of his usual stoic expression.