View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:46 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
As annoying as Halfgaze found her apprentice's aversion to battle training, the deputy simply couldn't be mad at her. Something about Dandelionpaw made the tough, stoic she-cat's heart melt. All she wanted to do was protect the younger feline, but Halfgaze was very well aware of the dangers of battle. Dandelionpaw couldn't count on Halfgaze being there to protect her. Battle was a whirlwind or chaos. Each new opponent appeared as if they'd risen from the ground and someone always seemed to be in danger. Now that Halfgaze was the deputy, and eventually would be the leader, she couldn't just focus on Dandelionpaw in battle. She had to worry about the whole clan! All warriors worried about their clanmates, but they weren't responsible for any deaths. Halfgaze was responsible for the death of any warrior or apprentice and had to be free to rescue anyone who needed it. Therefore, Dandelionpaw had to be battle-ready. She had to be able to take care of herself. Pushing those worrying thoughts aside, Halfgaze focused her mismatched eyes once more on Dandelionpaw. The sneaking fear that the apprentice would never be prepared enough for battle crept into her mind and she had to shake herself to refocus. As Dandelionpaw started to question Halfgaze's situation, the deputy gave her the usual stern look. She didn't want to argue the details, she wanted to make sure that her apprentice could perform basic battle moves. Finally, Dandelionpaw did it and Halfgaze was pleasantly surprised. She hadn't expected Dandelionpaw to fail, per say. But she also hadn't expected her to do as well as she had. "Good job, Dandelionpaw!" Halfgaze praised in a genuinely happy voice, "now, what do you do if the cat is smaller, more around your own size?"
The dangers of battle never worried Dandelionpaw. If there was a battle, all she needed to do was stick to the wildflowers patch and stay hidden. Personally, only the largest cats should had been sent to battle. Small cats like her, conserved to be feather weight, should be spared to hide, so they could live. Dandelionpaw never been in a battle. With the recent Thunderclan and Windclan battle with Shadowclan aiding Windclan, she stayed behind, which had been luck because Goldenstar didn’t want any apprentices trailing into battle. After she proceeded with the said battle move, Dandelionpaw was quite out of breath. Yet, she felt a sudden joy of pleasure erupt through her being from the tip of her ears to the tip of her tail. “Really? Wow!” She bounced. “I was pretty sure I would have to do that move over, haha. But did you see that! I was totally high in the air and pounced on that cat’s back like a professional!” She exclaimed, a little too giddy. It was no time for play, and since she had done good, it was time to move on to the next phase. Dandelionpaw couldn’t let that moment bypass though because it made her happy to receive praise. So, whenever she received a good report, then she boasted around like the happy-go-lucky Molly she was. Dandelionpaw’s eyes glittered with happiness and mild anxiousness upon Halfgaze’s next words. Dandelionpaw’s expression became a thoughtful one where she usually squinted her eyes and her small pink nose would wiggle like that of a bunny’s. “Smaller cat? If it’s about my size, wouldn’t I be able to just clash with it?” She questioned. Then shook her head quickly. “Wait! I think I’ll be able to unbalance the cat?” She asked, again.