View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:49 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The apprentice huffed, unable to find a reason to smirk back at Foxpaw. He certainly was clever and had a quick tongue. She'd let him have that, at least. It seemed that confidence radiated off of the ginger tom most of the time he spoke, something that seemed to spark Cherrypaw's interest. She had also managed to take some of that confidence from Foxpaw from the looks of it. She didn't believe he was the kind of cat to be easily embarrassed or thrown off. A small smile rose from her face. It'd felt oddly satisfying to her that she had that impact on the tom.

Cherrypaw rolled her eyes at her companion. A cute badger, she thought to herself. She thought that she should have been upset with Foxpaw. No cat, especially not Cherrypaw, wanted to be compared that big and lumbering creature. She'd never seen one herself, of course. However, she'd heard stories from queens and elders. They were big, ugly creatures that were too strong for just one cat to take on. The white apprentice imagined them with long and yellow fangs sticking out from their lips accompanied by equally long claws that could easily pierce the pelt of any cat. The she-cat heard many things about badgers, but cute was never one of those things. To her, it was ridiculous to imagine. She barely could imagine it! A small giggle escaped from the white cat. "That's mouse-brained." She mumbled with half a smile. "If badgers are cute like me, then does that mean foxes are like you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw tried to joke, her eyes shining with amusement.
The ginger tom smirked at her when she giggled, guessing that he was winning her over. Perfect! Although, he hoped he wasn't winning her over too much - breaking another cat's heart was something that the tom had never done before, and he certainly wasn't planning on starting now. He would never want to intentionally cause a clanmate pain, after all. "Only if foxes are charming, handsome, and intelligent - then yes, I believe that does make foxes like me." He mewed, with another wink in Cherrypaw's direction. There were no other apprentices in the den right now to warn her of his flirtatious nature (not that she needed warning, she seemed to be figuring that out on her own) or to tell embarrassing stories of Foxpaw's past, for which he was very grateful.

He wouldn't want someone coming in now (like Redpaw, or Asterpaw, or Silverpaw) and telling a bunch of lies about him! Well, technically they were truths, but any embarrassing truth could just as easily be called a lie because no one would believe that he was telling the truth. They would think he was lying if he denied, and they would be right. But that wasn't the point! The point was, Foxpaw was alone with Cherrypaw, and he was glad for his uninteruppted flirting session. When he was done, Cherrypaw would think of him as handsome! That was the goal, anyways. He was fairly handsome, but most she cats were immune to his natural charms. Or, what he thought of as natural charms.

He really wasn't as much of a natural at flirting as he tried to make everyone believe, but that was what came with being like Foxpaw; he overexaggerated things. A lot. And made them seem much worse then they really were. "So, Cherrypaw... tell me about yourself? Is there anyone you're particuarly interested in at the moment?" And how can I make you like ME?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.