View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 10:04 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Storkflight was too busy focusing on trying to stay focused that the world around him was blocked out. He had no idea what was up with him today. He didn't know why his thoughts were flying in every which direction. He didn't know why random issues kept cropping up in his mind. He was truly scatterbrained today and he had no clue how to fix it. But then there was this voice. A familiar one, and a soothing one. It sounded familiar but he was too unfocused to recognize it. He simply just thought it was his imagination thinking for him. Why it had only just said his name he didn't quite know. And he wouldn't know, until he focused in. The white Bengal tom padded forward, his blue gaze focused down in his paws as thoughts raved in his head. He wanted to make it stop, because the amount of things cramming into his head at the moment was insane. Little things that he had said he would do, chores he had promised to do for the elders, moss fetching for his mother and aunt. Everything was soaring through his head and banging and clashing around in there. But then a scent wafted across his nose and he almost crashed straight into the sweet smelling source. His blue eyes blinked up in shock and surprise. As his cluttered brain recognized the feline before him, he stepped back a bit, an awkward smile written on his maw. The moment his eyes rested on her face, all the cluttering thoughts and throbbing issues seemed to just...evaporate. It's like the site of the beautiful apprentice erased it all. It was something he could focus on, and my what a wonderful thing to focus on. He shook his thoughts of love for her away. They were friends, he was a warrior, she an apprentice. It couldn't work out. At least not yet. That was, if she felt the same way towards him. "Oh, hello Owlpaw." He greeted, his sheepish smile still worn. His blue hues glinted happily, it was nice seeing her. His paws absent mindedly fiddled with some loose dirt at his pads. He glanced down quickly, feeling quite awkward near her. "It's been awhile hasn't it?" He asked, as he grew frustrated with himself for sounding so...weird. "How's your training going?"
For some reason, she couldn't bring her grey-blue optics to look at him again. She wondered if Wingpaw was around. If she was a warrior now. If he was spending time with her instead. Why he hadn't been hanging out with Owlpaw in a while. His voice brought back all those memories. Like when she was a kit, and Storkflight had been there for her - for a long time, and even when she was an apprentice. How they had used to play together. Spend endless days together. But now all of that was gone, and with it... it seemed it had taken some of her playfulness. Had it had to be like this? To end like this? She knew that the answer to that was no, it hadn't. It didn't. But somewhere along the way they had lost something. And she didn't feel... the same. Whether it was a good different or a bad different, she didn't know, but it felt like something was now missing. Being in his company didn't make her feel the same.

Now, Owlpaw was not experienced in the area of crushes. She was aware that they existed. And that other cats had them, but as far as she went? She had never had a crush before. As in ever. The patched she cat glanced at Storkflight, shifting her weight a little before she answered. "Training's going pretty good, I mean... I guess. I'll be a warrior in another couple of moons, y'know? Kind of scary. What was it like for you?" Well, one thing she would always have was her love of speaking. No matter what was going on, the she cat had always loved to talk... and now was no exception. Although her voice wasn't quite as excited, and playful as before... as though when Storkflight had left, he had taken that from her as well. Now, this change was something that had come on gradually.

"Umm... is, um, Wingpaw around... I mean, have you seen Wingpaw lately? The she cat asked, her optics redirecting themselves to her paws as she accidentally looked just a little too long at the tom. This felt awkward and not right at all. Maybe she should just go, and forget about trying to make up with Storkflight... forget that they had been best friends... forget about trying to bring back the past and embrace the future (that she would never be a part of) and try and move on to someone else. Except there was no one else for her to move on to. And she didn't know what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleDemon View Post

marigoldflower looked at Froststing as she walked out, hearing that he had said something to her. The she-cat thought it was kind of cute the way he called her 'Mari'. "No! No! We can go to the far edge of the territory. I don't have a problem with that. I don't really care where we go to be honest." replied Marigoldflower with a nod of respect. The she-cat looked around the territory, then began to walk towards where they were going. He seems a bit off today. Don't yah think Marigold. Ah it's okay. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous myself. But why?.. The she-cat was sparked out of thought after a while. She had a weird feeling,
but she didn't know why. Froststing has always been her favorite cat in Thunderclan. Not many cats in her clan impressed her or really even mattered, but this tom was very different. Very different indeed!
Froststing nodded, giving the smallest of grunts as she spoke. Good - so she didn't care where they went, that was a very good thing. The tom looked down at the ground, clearing his throat and wondering what to say now. "Um, ah... follow me?" It sounded more like a question then a statement, and he cursed himself for it afterwards. Why couldn't he just have confidence in himself? Maybe because he didn't deserve it. Confidence was for smart cats. And Froststing? Froststing never felt smart. If anything, at this moment, he felt quite stupid. He was always shy and cold and offstandish except for with the attractive cat Marigoldflower. Padding quickly through the territory, the Siamese hoped that she was following behind, otherwise he would feel like even more of a fool - and look like one, too. Not that he wasn't doing a fine job of that on his own. He could guess perfectly well that he was doing a pretty good job of making a fool out of himself. The Siamese wondered how long it would be before she mentioned something about his acting strangely. Even if she was trying to be nice and spare his feelings, he knew it couldn't last long.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.