View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2024, 07:12 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Barkblaze | Male + He/Him | StarClan
Long-furred white cat with black spotting and green eyes.

It was intentionally chosen, the two wardens that approached the molly, as in a way the two toms lives and how they lived was in a way a reflection of hers. However it was still striking to see in a way. Coldamber had been a cat who at core was family orientated, loving her mates, kits, and adopted children deeply, but at the order of another had forsaken her blood to dedicate her life to her clan. Barkblaze wondered why Lichenflood hadnt asked about that really, but perhaps he too saw the regret the molly had lived with for the rest of her life because of that decision, and the dedication she had to be better to the family that came into her life after.

Coldamber had died in a clan not her own after spending her remaining days aside an adopted son (as flawed as he was) supporting him best she could even knowing her time was short. A lifetime of dedication to her clan role and healing ending quietly with Coldamber prioritizing family.

And that was the other aspect, where Barkblaze who'd never had suck family dwelled. Coldamber had sacrificed what she loved most to be a medicine cat and had thrived in the role, she'd cared for a clan throughout a brutal war without falter and been the only high rank standing when Dawnstar had taken over and terrorized, and so had headed the revolt against her. She'd left the role by an accident that'd robbed her of her ability to heal, not of her own volition, and this all was a dedication Barkblaze could respect.

A life given to her clan and rank and a heart given to her family, the two wardens in reflection.
And now? A death given to duty.

A rare small grin formed on the black as white tom as he sat, musing "A good answer, and a good cause even if it is a never ending one, exhausting one. I respect the dedication you have to this task, it is one that benefits all in doing so. It seems a trend that the cats and clans nowadays seem to think we've abandoned them because he do not do every little thing for then, stop every little tragedy as if that was something starclan ever did. Your actions help assuage that, you help by giving them the tools to change their own fate, and help them learn not to expect others to fix things for them, a mindset a medicine cat relies on in their role." Barkblaze work a wry bitter smile as he pondered over this, getting a bit side tracked even as he expressed his support of Coldambers methods.

But this was a digression, and the toms face wiped clean to something more serious as he got to the point.
"You are right however Coldamber, we are here for a reason.

Might I be so bold as to ask, if you had more power, more ability to do more would you? Would you be content in your tasking or, should you have the opportunity, would you take additional duties on top of the training you do undertake?

The council has not overlooked your contributions, and you have more then proven yourself worthy of this offer. Be warned, it is not one given lightly and one that comes with a heavy weight to it but should you accept you can help institute change that affects the living directly.

You are being given the chance to join the Covenant of the Sky as a warden, one who sits in judgment over the very lives of others. "

The air weighted at the very question, feeling heavy and tense as if it was holding its breath for the answer and the stars littering the old medicine cats pelt flared to something colder then the usual warm glow. Something more distant perhaps, as wardens often had to be to undertake their duties. Barkblazes green eyes were no more for now, white and cold even though one could sense they were affixed on Coldamber, the toms tone firm.

"Think on this for a time, as it is not something to be taken lightly and I'd deeply consider what accepting entails. We do not hold an easy role, and Lichenflood in particular can explain why it might not be one suited to you, but should you accept I see it as one you could thrive in."
Lichenflood would not mince words here and would make sure Coldamber was well informed of what their duty entailed so the molly could chose, but the final decision was hers alone.