View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Shinefang shuffled into the medicine den and looked around. He wasn't really supposed to be in there without permission, but who was going to stop him? It was strange to not see a medicine cat in here. The pale, ginger warrior made his way to the back of the den and peered at the shelves of herbs with his one eye. Many of these were familiar from his many years serving his clan. He recognized the Comfrey by smell. It was that herb that the previous medicine cat had put on his wounds. They said it stopped wounds from getting infected. He glimpsed yarrow next, faded white flowers. He remembered that one from the belly wound that wouldn't stop bleeding. That and...ah, there, cobwebs. The grizzled tom smirked in satisfaction as he realized just how many of these he knew. Just because he was getting up there is years didn't mean his mind wasn't every bit as sharp as his claws. "I could probably do this job," he muttered to himself. "It would be a nice change from chasing around all those young fools on patrols, for sure." Shinefang would never admit it, but he was getting old...had been old more like. There were cats younger than him in the elder's den right now. But Shinefang had no interest in retiring. "I'll join the elders when I'm dead!" he growled to himself, before realizing how on the nose his own comment had been. "Fox dung, you know what I mean," he said to no one in particular. He fixed his attention back on the herbs again.