View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:04 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleRobin View Post
Despite the other tomcat’s words, Sproutwhisker would let his mind wander from time to time about the chance of him being able to save his loved ones from their end. Would he have been able to save his father, Ripplewhisker, from dying of sickness if he had just become a medicine cat instead of a warrior? Or would have he been able to save Talonfang in time if he had stayed with her instead of offering to take their kittens outside to play for the moment? These thoughts troubled his mind constantly and made the warrior blame himself partially to even fully when it came to the death of his family. It scared him now that Talonfang was gone, could he actually manage to raise all five of their kittens on his own without her help? The motherly bond between a queen and her children was a powerful thing and surprisingly, he knew that despite being rejected by his birth mother. Instead of a mother, he had grown attached to his adopted father and his death affected his deeply, still to this current day at certain points. Sproutwhisker was still getting used to being a father and took Ripplewhisker as an example when it came to raising his children ever since they had opened their eyes and had begun to walk. Some of his children had special needs as well and he did not know how to handle such things, he was just a kittypet that had become a warrior in the clans many many moons ago. He lifted his head from the shecat’s softened, yet stiff fur to look at Whisperblaze, the sunken, broken look within his blue-hued eyes showing how empty and dead inside that he felt already from losing his first and only love that he had ever known. He had done this when he had heard the other male mention to him about telling a story about her, Talonfang, most likely to bring him to a happier mood. The young warrior thought for a moment or two about his past with his mate and how many moons they had shared together. “When I was still recovering from the loss of my father, many moons ago after I had just become a warrior, Talonfang was the first cat to ever approach me and treat me like a friend, right from the very beginning. She was so kind and friendly to me, sitting down beside me as I was eating a piece of prey. She didn’t feel weird around me because of my bloodline or because I was going through a rough time.” He murmured, thinking back now to that time, “We went out hunting together on a warm, sunny day in the middle of Greenleaf, wanting to get to know each other more and such. I remember when we had approached the river that runs through the territory, she took no hesitation to leap right in and swim around. I was a bit cautious at first, not really familiar with swimming since I was trained as an apprentice. She eventually managed to get me to jump in as well and we swam around underneath the water’s surface. She looked so beautiful, the way her fur glistened in the sunbeams that shown through the water. I think that was when I fell in love with her, despite not even knowing it yet. I was mesmerized by her ever since that day, even though in the back of my head, I was afraid that Riverclan would look down upon her for being around me because I was not clanborn. She never cared about what they thought though, only wanting to be with me and be happy. We always kept each other afloat, even when life got difficult.”
whisperblaze listened to the tom. he saw his eyes light up when he talked about his mate, how he was left smitten at the sight of her in water. b his tone of voice and the look on his face, whisper couldnt describe it as anything but pure love. he wanted to say so many things, he wanted to take all the toms pain away, despite just meeting him officially. he could imagine somewhat what he was going through. his first love, tumbledrop, had passed a long time ago along with his first litter of kits. it was during the evil era and it had been ruthlessly. they were taken from this world before their life could begin, and the worst part, was they used to be in thunderclan and he only found out when greystar had announced it(when he was leader at the time). he could still feel the tears that ran down his fur, the burning in his lungs, the utter feeling on loneliness. whiserblaze gave a bitter sweet smile, nodding along to his story,¨she sounded like such a nice shecat.¨ they mewed softly. while russetstar had 9 lives to live, with everyone that was taken from him whisper could feel that pain all over again, the feeling of fear and loneliness taking over his body. there was nothing he could say that would truly comfort sprout, but he could be here for him, it was better then suffering alone. ¨im here for you, if you need to talk. or help with your kits, i cant imagine how hard this is for you.¨