View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled, moving on to the next plant. She got two more done before her moss ball was too dry, and set it down. Looking at Hoot, she mimed a limp paw. They're for healing, mostly. She looked down at the flowers again, her smile turning sad. But they're also for the cats who didn't make it. Silence nodded to each in turn. To the large white Bindweed bloom, A kittypet named Sherry. She fell out of a tree and broke the bones in her chest. To the little blue star shaped Borage flower A pair of kits wandered into my den, starving. They died within hours of each other. I..don't even think they had names. To the vibrant pink Bright-eye blossoms A loner called Skip. He died of green cough. To the proud yellow Celandine A blind loner named Thunder, who was mauled by a dog. And lastly, the little white Chamomile flower. For the loner who raised me. Her eyes swept over the flowers again, with the same sad fondness. After I bury them I put a plant over them. They deserved to be remembered. And now they help others, too.
Hoot still didn't understand, but he continued to water the plants anyways. He dropped the moss ball between himself and Silence as he finished. "How well did you know those cats?" He asked. "Obviously you probably knew that loner pretty well, but the rest of those cats were strangers, right? You didn't know them." The tom's voice gave a hint of venom. He felt angry at Silence, though he couldn't fully understand why in the moment. "Some of those cats couldn't been murderers. They might have been thieves. And for all you know, the world might have been better off without them." He clawed the dirt under him. "Not every cat deserves to be remembered either." Hoot mumbled at the ground.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic