View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence tilted her head as he spoke. She could feel the hostility in him and flattened her ears against her head, recoiling slightly. She looked back at the plants Even though I didn't know them for long, who am I to doom them to ghosts? If they were evil, they are where they belong now. They will get what they deserve, whatever that may be. Silence looked away from Hoot, ears still flat. She stood, picking up one moss ball and kicking the other towards the forest. She unraveled them around the roots of a nearby tree and poked her head back into the clearing, motioning for Hoot to follow her. Come on. A storm is coming, we'd better get home. She would not meet his eyes.
Guilt prickled at Hoot's paws as he watched Silence push her ears against her head. The she-cat's reasoning made sense. Besides, what could those cats do now? They were already dead. On top of all of that, Hoot was just picking fights with her now. He was stubborn, but he also thought he was right, despite how awful he was being. The Abyssinian knew he should have apologized, but he didn't know how. Apologizing wasn't really something Hoot had a lot of experience doing. He felt oddly protective over the she-cat. Hoot hadn't felt anything like that towards another cat before. Well, he hadn't really felt anything towards another cat other than distaste or hatred. Of course if you asked 4 moon old Hoot, he'd say that he had plenty of friends that he liked and enjoyed hanging around with. 6 moon old Hoot wouldn't say that. The tom had learned by then that other cats weren't to be trusted. His "friends" had betrayed him, stolen from him, and left him alone without another thought. Since then, the tom avoided other cats at all costs. His efforts went to waste many different times as he'd met and verbally fought with many other cats. But Silence didn't seem that bad. Unlike every other cat Hoot had ever met, he had a good feeling about her, even though he didn't quite agree with her all the time. At least he didn't want to claw her whiskers off.

Hoot shook his head. Silence was waiting for him. He parted his jaws to speak, but changed his mind. It was too late. It felt too weird to say anything. So the green-eyed tom just followed Silence in silence. He hadn't even known there would be a storm coming, but he smelled it in the air once he took in a deep breath. Great, Hoot thought. I'm for sure stuck here now. I can't go wandering around in a storm.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic