View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Spark lifted a paw and swiped at Silence's head, claws tearing through one of her ears. He released her, and the force of the blow sent her carrening across the small clearing. Pain blinded her for several seconds, but when she scrambled to her feet, she stared the tom down, blood from her ruined ear dripping into her eyes.

Spark stalked towards her, slowly. "This is unlike you, Silence. Why aren't you vanishing into the woods, like you used to? I do so miss those little games of chase we used to play." A slight movement from the den caught her eye, and worry, however briefly, flashed across her face. Spark's sharp ice eyes caught it, and he whipped around. "Unless you're protecting something." Before he could advance any further, Silence darted around him, planting herself between him and the entrance to her den. She shook violently, still, but her stance was firm. You'll have to kill me to get past.

"Oh, so you are protecting something--or should I say, someone. I've smelled them, all the cats that have come and go. Why protect a stranger?" He advanced, and Silence let out an eerie, scraping growl from deep in her chest. He's my friend! I won't let you touch him, you monster.Unfazed, he towered over her, a slight softness returning to his cold eyes. "If you come back quietly, love, I promise I'll forget everything." His tail came up and caressed her face, gently. Silence flinched and snapped at it, but he pulled away again.
Hoot flinched as the tom's blow landed. His breath stopped once again when he spotted the dark color of blood fall from Silence's ear. He wrinkled his nose, only able to imagine how much that must have hurt. It was a while before any more air returned to the young tom's lungs. His heart dropped when he realized that the stranger knew that Hoot was hiding in the den. He was crow-food for sure now.

Silence, however, hadn't given up just yet it seemed. She was still protecting her guest. Hoot had to agree with the other tom. Why was Silence protecting Hoot? It really didn't come as much of a surprise to him after seeing all of the plants and the flowers. Silence is too kind to cats she doesn't know, Hoot thought. But why is she risking herself for me? The she-cat had already gotten herself injured trying to protect the tom she'd only met today. It was foolish at best. Hoot didn't want her getting hurt trying to protect him.

The she-cat's words seemed to stir something in Hoot. He was still scared beyond belief. But he was scared for himself and Silence. Hoot couldn't remember the last time he was scared for someone else. A tiny ounce of courage returned to the green-eyed tom. Slowly, he rose from his crouching position and carefully padded into the clearing. He moved far enough to be sure he was in Silence's range of vision, but far enough that the stranger wouldn't be able to reach him with one leap.

Hoot took a few deep breaths, trying to regain his strength and voice. "I don't know who you are, but you aren't welcome here. I suggest you leave and don't ever come back." The younger tom felt his tan fur begin to rise around his neck. He wanted to snarl at the stranger, but his lips were quivering just a little bit and he didn't want to bring attention to it. But he was doing it! He was standing up to this cat, for his sake along with Silence's.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic