View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Onyxpaw felt his pelt burning up, as if someone were watching him. He looked up from his meal, scanning the clearing for anyone who may be looking at him. Finally, his sharp gaze rested on Pearlpaw, an apprentice he considered to be his best friend. Onyxpaw grinned invitingly, rising to his paws and carelessly swiping the remains of his vole to the side. He then trotted over to Pearlpaw, an excited look on his face. He was always happy to be with the she-cat who he felt comfortable around. Recently, he's been thinking differently of Pearlpaw, and often felt his heart race whenever he so much as thought of her.

As he neared, Onyxpaw flicked his tail-tip in greeting. His golden eyes displayed happiness, as did the bright smile stretched across his muzzle. He was very much aware of Pearlpaw's inability to speak, which is why he often communicated with her via distinct signals. Sometimes he'd give lip-reading a try, but he felt awkward doing that, like he was talking to himself, and he always feared Pearlpaw might misread what he was saying. The black-pelted tomcat had seated himself beside her, adopting a curious expression and then tilting his head to the side in question before nodding towards her. Onyxpaw was wondering how she was doing.
[psst. Pearl can hear, she just can't speak c;]
Pearlpaw felt her own fur heat up once Onyxpaw caught her staring. How embarrassing... she thought to herself, averting her icy blue hues away very suddenly. She found herself curling up a little bit, clearly embarrassed to have been caught. Somehow this was like she was hiding herself? Maybe he'd keep walking past if she didn't look at him. The concept of 'if I can't see you, you can't see me' forcing itself through her mind. She knew that wasn't how it worked though so once she heard the soft paw steps from her friend, she forced herself to uncurl and looked towards him. The glance was quick, just to check where he was. Well. That was until she felt his presence besides her. So, Pearlpaw took a deep breath and looked at the handsome young tom. She appreciated his actions and the fact he was one of her only friends here. She'd grown accustomed to how he chose to communicate with her, it helped her learn body language easier and it was their own secret language. No one else knew what the two were attempting to say half the time. So when he started gesturing towards her in the way he normally did, she couldn't stop the cute little smile from crossing her face. She simply nodded towards him, signaling she was fine before gesturing her head towards him as a response of 'and you?'. It was the best she got before she looked towards the camp entrance. Perhaps she should suggest hunting? Or a patrol?

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL