Thread: Blackwater Bog
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2024, 10:22 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Blackwater Bog

Fadingsun stretched in his nest, his jaws parting in a wide yawn. It had been nothing but chaos since he'd first stepped up as leader, but frankly he shouldn't expect anything less from this Clan at this point. Hopefully he'd be able to sleep without anyone disturbing him.

Circling a few times, he settled down into a tight ball and curled his tail around his nose. He fell into sleep quickly, his dreams bringing him into a choking, dark blackness. His paws immediately began flailing; was he dreaming of the storm again? It didn't seem like any of the dreams he'd had before, but...

Panic began to set in. No matter how much he tried to remind himself that this was all fake, it felt so real. His throat tightened, his lungs screamed. Just when he was certain he might actually die, he exploded out of the water and his paws made contact with soggy, murky soil.

The pain in his lungs and throat disappeared almost instantly, but it was quickly replaced by a deep sense of malaise. Fadingsun's eyes came to rest on a dark, shadowy figure, almost as soon as said cat began speaking to him.

It wasn't too hard for Fadingsun to deduce that this must be some sort of spirit. He'd always thought that a visit to the Starcave was necessary to meet with spirits, especially those concerned with issues of leadership, but perhaps he was wrong.

He'd never placed much faith in spirits. He'd always found it laughable that many of them, just like this one right here, thought they were somehow better than everyone else just because they were dead. He bit back a laugh at this cat's demands; he supposed having a fragile ego probably came with death for many, especially if they died in a way that they didn't perceive as satisfying enough.

While Fadingsun didn't particularly care if a bunch of dead cats cared about his leadership or not, he was in this cat's domain. That, and given that spirits could (supposedly) grant cats extra lives, perhaps they could indeed take them away. So, considering that, he decided to play this spirit's little game.

"Change is already starting. RiverClan has been allowed to run like a bunch of rogues for too long. Showing no respect or obedience to their high ranks, and putting themselves in absurd situations because of it. I've made it clear to my Clan that it won't be happening any longer, and I fully intend on following through with that. Either the warriors of this Clan begin to fall in line, or they'll be punished accordingly.

"Speaking of punishment, ThunderClan needs some of it. Invading our camp was too far; I'm sick and tired of the squirrels thinking they can cross our borders whenever they want. As soon as RiverClan is ready, we'll be making our first move for retaliation. I plan on attacking ThunderClan at two points, to seize two landmarks from them at once. I want to show them what happens when RiverClan is pushed too far."

His tail-tip twitched. "This Clan has suffered for seasons under terrible leaders. Skystar. Pikestar. Gingerstar. Larkstar. Birdsnow. All leaders who were either too spineless to lead or too weak to last. What they all lacked was an ability to get things done. As leader, I intend on doing just that- getting what needs to be done, done."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.