Thread: Rugged Range
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2019, 02:48 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Lionsrange

{Just going to go ahead and wrap this up}

After giving the command for everyone else to set up their temporary camp, Yarrowpounce had quietly slipped into the underbrush to survey the near vicinity to their sleeping area, just to make sure they were in no immediate danger. It had taken him about a half hour to thoroughly investigate the perimeter and aside from old scents of loners and a single stale fox scent, he deemed it safe enough to keep their camp there and so he returned with the small amount of news and allowed for everyone to settle down into their nests and set up a watch system so that each cat could get rest.
Once everyone was well rested up, he lead them to where the old Skyclan borders used to be sprayed. He figured it would be easier to work the outside in, so they would circle around the old borders, taking in the scents as well as any signs (dung or claw marks) that would suggest other inhabitants of the area. For the most part, the scents were stale, old Skyclan scents mixed with a few passing loner scents, the scent of prey, and old predator scents. There was nothing really spectacular or concerning around the borders and so slowly they would spiral inwards, Yarrowpounce making sure everyone was as thorough as possible in their scenting. They didn't want to leave any stone unturned for this would be new hunting grounds, they didn't want anyone getting hurt by loners or foxes or whatever else lurked. And partially because this was his responsibility. He had never been in a position of leadership before and wanted to make sure he did a good job at it.
Overall, there was only one instance where they met two traveling loners who had set up a small shelter in the territory. Luckily enough for the patrol, they were relatively kind (not like the old Dusk Syndicate cats), and when asked to relocate, they did so without too much of a fuss. Eventually they had covered just about every inch of the territory, in the span of a little over a day too no less. Making their way back to their makeshift camp, they were allowed one more rest, again with watch rotations, and finally, with the light of dawn, they would begin heading back to Riverclan. There was little talk amongst them, everyone too tired despite the rest, and within a few hours, they were back in familiar territory. Yarrowpounce would head directly for Frostflight to report their findings.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?