View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2024, 12:32 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"That's not too bad." Hopping branch to branch on the same tree felt like a breeze in comparison to jumping from another tree. Wolfpaw followed Redhawk's example in crossing from one branch to another, waiting for it to dip before he jumped.

This time he overcorrected a little, and nearly bopped his nose against the trunk. He jolted back abruptly, almost losing his balance but recovered as his claws sank into the bark. Still, it wasn't too bad and he'd rather smack a trunk than fall.

She crossed to another tree, and this time when Wolfpaw made the leap he found he landed on a better spot on the branch. Not too close, not too far. His claws still stayed out, the unease a product of the last two attempts being slightly awry - but he was a little more comfortable overall. And from there, per her instructions he started to make his way downward branch by branch. A hop here, a hop there, and then he was about Redhawk level. He was a bit out of breath, but his eyes gleamed eagerly. The trees were far more fun than they looked! "Once.. I'm a bit more used to this," so probably not today, but in the future. "I wanna try that ambush thing, if we can.. take enemies by surprise, we'll be better off in the long-run." Less injuries and death on their end. They'd have the advantage.

Wolfpaw took a second to regain his breath, awaiting Redhawk's descent to the ground.

[ @tally ]

Redhawk - ThunderClan Warrior

Watching the apprentice hop down branch by branch filled her with a sense of pride and accomplishment. Redhawk wasn't naive enough to think that tree climbing was every apprentice's first choice of training when they became an apprentice - but still she enjoyed it every time she got to see her teaching in action. "T-There you go!" Hopefully, Wolfpaw would be the start of training the younger generations the art of tree climbing once again.

As Wolfpaw made it down to eye-level, with both of them hovering on the branches lowest to the ground, his words reminded her of how long they had been out here, and how tired she actually was getting. Time turned to a breeze more often than not whenever Red was up in the tree tops, and it was often that she forgot how much energy it took to spring among them freely as she often did.

"It's definitely a t-tactic we should utilize as a Clan more," she agreed with a nod of her head. Her eyes darted to the ground as she picked a spot and leapt towards it, landing easily on the ground and giving a shake of her fur. "With more practice," Redhawk added, "You'll be able t-to go from tree to t-tree and cross the t-territory like that." A wide grin crossed her face as she nodded.

[ figured we could wrap it up here or with one more post from you if you wanted since this is a wolfpaw roleplay! ]