Thread: Icy Heartlands
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2024, 03:00 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: Semi-Hiatus. Little to no activity until the 23rd or 24th
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Flashpaw listened intensely as Moonmeadow spoke to her softly and calmly. She noticed the slight wince at the sight of the partially decomposed body. She trembled-- hard. Wh-Who-Who w-wo-woul-would d-do th-thi-this? She said, a tremor in her mew. The ginger tabby couldn't help but be slightly relieved when Moonmeadow stepped in front of the body, blocking her view of the disfigured cat. Or what was left, anyway. She then, wide-eyed, listened to the specific instructions given. Y-y-ye-yes, M-m-mo-moo-Moonm-meadow Stupid stutter. The words sounded fine in her mind, but her tongue didn't have the ability to converse them properly. Her mind was preoccupied, anyway. The thought of one of her clanmates possibly murdering was too frightening. The thought that they might desire to do the same to her was more scary than anything she had ever experienced. It was the utmost frightening thought.Why? Who? She shook her head at her own paws for a brief second. The worst possibility had come to her mind. What if these cats were murdered while Sootspirit and her were gone? It wasn't likely. The body had sat there for quite some time. Unfortunately, that was something certain.

No. No, she couldn't think that way. It was too terrible. Too morbid. Instead, she trudged dutifully beside the warrior, eyes fixated on the earth, not listening to her voice. Instead, she attempted to compose herself. It was a dead body, not the murderer. She didn't need to overreact. Just... stay calm. Not her cup of tea when a half-decomposed body had been right before her eyes. She shuddered again, then suppressed half of it. If Sootspirit spoke, she hadn't heard. Flashpaw knew she had a responsibility, one she was firm about. Flashpaw had to tell Dawnstar. She must. After all, she was the one who discovered the body. To her, it was an apology for freaking out. I mean- she'd never seen a dead body before, but in her heart and mind she had to apologize for the action. And actions, in her opinion, were easier that words. Actions showed dedication. Words showed that you pondered dedication. She lifted her gaze to glimpse about the pine forest. So beautiful, so peaceful. Yet the peace could be shattered with a mere swipe of a forepaw. A mere clamp of the jaws, locking around a throat of prey. Or a cat.

Jade-hued eyes locked on her sole companion. So-oo-oot-sp-spir-irit? She mewed, focused only on her words. Lack of stutter was key. This cat didn't know she couldn't control her stutter. She might think it was from fear. It wasn't. She couldn't help but stutter. And her pride was one of the few things that didn't matter usually, but did now. Whether the she-cat acknowledged her voice or not, Flashpaw paused for a moment before continuing. I-I-I w-want t-to te-tell Da-Daw-Dawns-star a-ab-about th-the m-mur-murder. I-I f-fou-found th-the b-bo-body. I-I'm c-ca-calm now. She spoke subtly, but her voice was firmly set on her purpose. Talking was easier with a reason. It always was.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

The cats are waiting for their toys impatiently