View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:27 AM
professional memeologist

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
A voice startled Mintspirit out of her thoughts and she whipped around to face the source. That voice was all too familiar, but she simply couldn't believe who she was now looking right at. The she-cat gave a little laugh. "Well," she mewed, her voice shaky, "It seems I've finally gone crazy. I'm having dreams of being in StarClan, and I'm seeing my friend. I must have finally lost it."
She shook her head, trying to clear it. She couldn't be crazy. She may have deteriorates into a lonely, broke cat, but she was still peefectly sane. But she also couldn't be dead. That could only mean…
"Stormlight!" She exlaimed, eyes wide, "it's really you!" Seeing her friend filled her with a happiness, a warmness she hadn't felt for moons. "I can't believe it. You look great, Stormlight - well, of course you do, you're i StarClan - oh, now, look at me rambling - it's just, been so long since I've spoken to anyone and-" she cut herself off. "It's been so long," she mewed quietly, "since I've spoken to another cat… It's been hard. I'm so glad to see you again, old friend."
"Now, now," Stormlight began, rubbing against her affectionately. "Let's settle down. You haven't lost anything just yet, dear; it's not your time. You still have many blessings waiting for you back in SkyClan." His amber gaze mirrored the warmth that Mintspirit's own eyes did. He felt his heart sink somewhat as Mintspirit went off in rambles of her recent loneliness, with Aetherwing's disappearance.
Purring in amusement, Stormlight nuzzled her fondly. "Thank you, though. I really do try to look my best. Especially when I have guests over... though, that's hardly important now, love. I've been waiting for the opportunity to visit you. I know you've been through much - with Aetherwing's recent..." the angora paused. "Ahem, disappearance, it's been rather hard for you. It was now I decided it would be fit to come see you again." He pressed his warm, star-painted muzzle against her cheek in a friendly gesture. Stormlight recoiled from her, sighing lightly. He glanced downwards, brows furrowed.
"I apologize for having waited so long, Mintspirit," he spoke slowly, eyes now focused on the blades of grass around his paws. Stormlight couldn't help but feel so guilty; being forced to watch from the stars one of his eldest and closest friends rot away into a somebody who had nobody. But, the stars had beckoned to him so early on - leading him on a wild goose chase after some stray herbs in rainy weather, where he'd slipped off a ledge and to his death. A shiver ran down his spine at the vivid flashes of that memory. Stormlight continued, "Of course, you of all cats would know I'm not the hesitant type. I'd have visited you at the first chance I had, although, things have been... new for me, to say the least."

Carry on, outlast the ignorance.
Moving on, survive the innocence.
It won't be long, won't be long, won't be long;
you know it's gonna get better.❞