View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:42 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom gave Powdernose somewhat of a questioning glance at his statement. On the contrary, Stonegazer’s past was rather boring - he was not the most interesting tom, nor had he ever been. Still, he supposed he could amuse the younger warrior enough. ”Very well. I was raised by a foster mother, and never saw much of my biological father - my foster-mother’s mate was more of a father to me then my own. When my apprenticeship came, I was, like most newly-apprenticed cats, thrilled. I wanted to know everything. My mentor was a good cat - she taught me everything I know now. She died in the events of the Evil Era - killed by one of Ratnight’s followers. I’ve had a couple apprentices of my own… so I wouldn’t say I’ve done too badly at all.” This last comment was accompanied by a chuckle, as the warrior glanced over at Powdernose before clearing his throat and looking away briefly.

”I was kind of like you when I was younger. Friendlier, and I looked up to older cats… and they thought I was pretty adorable, too.” He knew it would be hard to believe. After all, he was known around the Clan for being… strict. He was not the type of cat that would cause the word “friendly” to enter your mind, not even in the slightest. He was more the type of cat that would cause discipline, or order, or loyalty… but once, a long time ago, Stonegazer had been a friendly little tom. He missed those days sometimes. Maybe there would be a point where he could go back to being a little more carefree and a little less… harsh about everything. Of course, it was doubtful - but it could happen. Everyone went through changes in their life, and Stonegazer? He was hoping at some point he would turn into a feline that other warriors would like and respect, not… think of as some paragon of virtue.
he listened intently, his tail flicking occasionally. powdernose's ears lowered and raised as if he were a rabbit listening for a predator. once stonegazer finished speaking, he silently observed every word. it wasn't too out of believability that stonegazer had been a friendly, outspoken feline once. he had simply matured as he grew older, and is now known as a cold and collected tom. powdernose, on the other hand, had stayed the same. even as a kit he had been lazy, not wanting to leave the nursery in favor of sleeping. his apprenticeship had been shaky, proving that he was not fond of working very hard for the clan. however, powdernose had also become more energetic as he developed into a warrior, able to understand more about the clan.

with a quiet sigh, he spoke. "you have certainly matured into quite a clever tom." his head dipped, tail twitching. "i never knew my parents. when i was a kit, i was brought to the clans by my biological mother to be cared for by a foster one. of course, my foster mother was very kind and taught me very many things about my parents, yet i still wish to see them. they must be out there somewhere, though they may not recogmize their son. i've grown and developed, i'm not just some tiny kit anymore," powdernose shrugged, "my original name was sleepingkit. i wasn't even named when i was brought to the clan. all i would do was sleep in the nursery, curled against my foster mother's side. her kit had been stillborn, so she took me in and cared for me just as if i were her own."

"once i grew closer to being an apprentice, my fur grew longer and my name was changed to powderkit. i guess sleepingkit was too reflective of my laziness, according to my foster mother. i don't have very many special things that may have happened when i was young, like sickness or injury, but i do know that whatever i did as a kit, i have matured now. i've tested my limits and seen where to stop as to not push myself too far. but, i still have one wish. to travel and see my parents." powdernose's ears slowly lowered as he looked to the ground. he waited, silent, his breathing the only sound that could be heard in the quiet of the small tunnel.