View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:38 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Why was it that some cats seemed to believe such silly things? ”Don’t worry about it.” The medicine cat shrugged, her tone short - as even as she was trying to keep it. Just as she was about to walk away, she stopped - tensed a little - and then turned back around to face Pinkpaw again. ”But if it happens so much that it worries you, then sure, see me again and I’ll “check in” with StarClan on it.” The last few words were spoken with a short laugh, one that was suppressed fairly easily and could have been mistaken for a friendly gesture - though Caliapaw did find the whole situation all too funny. Some days she wondered if Wheatfur was laughing at her, having to deal with this kind of thing… these were actually times she felt happy when she thought of the medicine cat. And these were the times when she felt like she was doing things right. When there was no pressure, no stress… just a silly, simple little problem that she could fix. Although it might not have seemed that way to Pinkpaw, this was just what her situation was - silly and simple. Caliapaw didn’t mind a challenge, but some easy riding was appreciated every once in a while.

Listening to Powdernose’s backstory, the grey tom was glad that he wasn’t the only one who didn’t have the most captivating tale. Yet it was fascinating, learning where the warrior had come from - hearing about his wish, the one that was revealed at the end of the story… and Stonegazer wouldn’t have minded hearing more of it. He liked - no, scratch that - he loved being prudent, with the type of ability to always be on time, one that others admired and were jealous of - or did that sound like he was bragging too much? Stonegazer had never been one to show off, really… he found it better to stay back, be a driving force, but not in the spotlight - being a loyal member of the Clan was all this warrior really desired.

Yet every once in a while, there was a proud moment - a split-second of arrogance, when he would allow himself to be built up and become more… haughty in his speech. ”That is quite the tale.” The warrior murmured approvingly, when the feline was done, and an almost-smile softened his appearance momentarily. The stony expression slipped back in directly after, and gave no evidence that there had been any light there, but it didn’t change the fact that, for just a moment, Stonegazer had almost appeared to feel. A proud moment indeed, for the young warrior who had made him do so - however, it probably wouldn’t happen again. The warrior just hadn’t been built for smiling.

”I hope you will get to see your parents again, someday. Traveling, perhaps - but you would be missed in ThunderClan. And as for being worried about them not recognizing you, perhaps your scent will be remembered by one of them.” Stonegazer’s voice sounded thoughtful when he finished his statement, and - though he tried to keep it out - doubtful as well. A kit separated from his parents at such a young age was unlikely to ever see them again, especially because he wouldn’t know them if he did see them - and they wouldn’t recognize him, either. Even by scent, it was a long shot. And even if Powdernose’s foster mother had told him a lot about them… would it be enough?
powdernose sighed, though a wistful smile played upon his face. "it's just a simple little wish. i know i can't leave the clan, who knows what i'll found out there? i'll be a better contribution to the clan if i stay here. besides-- it's a big possibility the journey would be for nothing." he shrugged and shuffled into a different position, this time crouching down. tail flicking up to wrap around his paws, powdernose leaned forward so he could take a quick peek outside. "we should head out soon. who knows how long it'll take for you to get out of here?" he nudged stonegazer with amusement, his voice curling up in a teasing purr.

he chuckled before standing up once again, his fur rustling. "let's go walk around the territory, eh?" powdernose's paws were silent as he slid from the tunnel, exiting with ease. he snickered and sat down a tail-length from the opening, his eyes alight with laughter. "have fun trying to get out, stonegazer." he cocked his head to the side with a felinish smile, his whiskers twitching. "let's hope you don't get stuck," powdernose giggled quietly, though his eyes glanced around him as he looked for anyone that may interrupt them. he also remained trained on the sky, watching the height of the sun as it slowly fell. i hope he enjoys what i have planned, he thought.