View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:41 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Wolfglare headed deeper into the territory, keeping his ears pricked and nose in the air. Suddenly he stopped, and held out his tail for Smokepaw to stop as well. He looked back at his brother, angled his ears towards a slightly trembling bush, a few fox-lengths away. "Watch." He mouthed to the younger cat, then dropped into a hunting crouch. The large tom crept across the ground, placing his paws carefully, as to not any any noise. He stopped for a moment to check the wind, and continued onwards as he confirmed the wind was blowing towards him. A squirrel hopped out of the bush, chewing on a nut. Wolfglare's eyes narrowed, and he focused in on his prey. He could no longer feel the heat of the day in his fur, no longer see the dappled shadows of the trees. It was just him and the squirrel. This is what it was like when Wolfglare hunted. He narrowed his eyes as he came closer, until he was as close as he could get. Bunching up his muscles, Wolglare leaped.

He landed squarely on the unsuspecting prey, killing it with a swift bite, cutting off it's squeal. He then picked it up and carried it back over to Smokepaw, dropping it at his brother's paws. "So, that's how you do it." He meowed, cocking his head a little. "Do you want to try now?"

Smokepaw had payed close attention to his brother's movements, taking in every detail-- every movement of his paws, the way that he stalked the squirrel, the way that he had pounced, everything. How was he supposed to be a warrior when he was doing so horribly? And yet his mentor had found him fit to pass. However that worked. Honestly, Smokepaw knew there were other uses to the Clan. He could've been a medicine cat, though that was highly doubtful. He could learn how to deal with this, become the most useful warrior that he could. At the moment it seemed like the only thing there was to do. And really, it was. What else was he supposed to do? Just hope for the best? Right, because that's gone so well for me in the past, he thought sarcastically. Glancing up as Wolfglare approached, dropping the lifeless creature at his paws, Smokepaw nodded uncertainly. "Okay..." He mewed, voice trailing off. He remembered how Wolfglare had done it. Every movement. Checking the wind. Placing his paws as carefully as possible, just as his older brother had done. Just as he had learned. A cheerful chirping came from the bushes and a sparrow hopped along the ground, singing it's excitement to the world. Smokepaw waited. And came closer. Picturing doing this exactly as Wolfglare did, he pounced. The bird was pinned beneath his paws and he killed it as quickly as possible.

"How was that?"
He asked, panting slightly, a smile on his maw.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.