View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Gathering Mound

Hannibal heard the voice of a cat calling from the gathering mound, something he hadn't heard in what felt like moons, was this just another mindless cat stating something that they already knew, that they were without leadership and would need a new one and lead to nothing more than arguments? Or did this cat have the guts to proclaim themselves as the new leader of the Syndicate, one of the most ruthless band of cats in this area. The dark grey toms head turned to look at the grey-furred tom that had begun speaking, those fiery orange hues of him focused on him, analyzing him, picking him apart and reading him like a book.
Yes we know that, get on with your announcement, or is that it? Hannibal thought in his mind, not quite bothering to get up at the moment unless this 'announcement' really did prove to be interesting.
After the tom had spewed information the cats of the Syndicate had already known, the tom half expected him to just wait there dumbly until cats came up to suggest that they could be leader, but no, the tom continued, a vague sort of interest filling the toms eyes and at this point he did get up and settle himself in front of the mound.
Nervous. He's announcing himself as leader. It was the slightest whim that had shown in, the slightest tension in a muscle, the small hesitation and Hannibal could tell exactly what this tom was announcing seconds before Halite said a word about his new position.
What's this toms name again? I've seen him around.. Eyes glazing over momentarily, he allowed himself to drift to his mind palace, a trick he's developed to help him recall memories better and soon enough he found the name. "Halite." He murmured to himself, whiskers quivering a bit. He's never actually spoken with the tom, but he's kept small tabs on him, just like nearly every cat in the Syndicate.
And the Co-Commander. Boreas hm? Another cat he's never spoken directly to but has most certainly kept tabs on.
Lets see how the Syndicate does under their leadership, or perhaps they'll run a few moons after realizing the position they have taken. Nonetheless, they don't matter much to me, though it might prove interesting to speak to them, dig a little bit, find those chinks in their armor for.. Future reference.
"And Boreas." Slowly a smile, not a real smile, an empty, emotionless moving of muscles, curled onto his lips, feigning a look of excitement and admiration when inside he truly felt nothing and yet.. It looked so real. Hannibal had gotten so good at mimicking emotions from other cats from all of the others he's studied and analyzed, his mimics of emotions weren't perfect, but they were enough to fool many cats. And that's what made him dangerous. You never truly knew what was going on in his head.
"I will serve the both of you dutifully." Meowed the tom so that both the new leader and the Co-Commander could hear, bowing his head. Though this statement wasn't exactly true. No cat really ruled Hannibal, he just made it look like it, made him look normal, this cat would still do what he did no matter who the leadership was.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?