View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Panting a little, the orange warrior pinned the snow-white apprentice down to the ground. "Best... not to get... overconfident," He mewed, gulping in a fresh breath. The air was cold and crisp and stung his throat as he breathed, but he was semi-proud of himself. It was just in Blazingcomet's nature to be proud when he won a fight, whether that fight was against a warrior, or a small, young apprentice. Whether it was a spar or a true battle, Blazingcomet was going to be proud when he won. Golden eyes gleaming, he climbed off of the younger cat so that she could get up. He was panting more out of being worked up then true exhaustion, thinking about Drizzleshard and Petal and all of the drama surrounding his life was really taking it out of him. Maybe someday, when Cherrypaw was older, she would understand what it was like to have that kind of annoying thing in her life. Right now, it would be harder for her to understand.

Love was complicated, and Blazingcomet's heart was apparently more fickle then he had originally thought. It sickened him whenever he thought about Drizzleshard, so thrilled to have him as a mate, building her life with him and then all of a sudden, some pretty kittypet had come waltzing in and was stealing him away. Had stolen him away, the orange tom had to admit that she was quite a bit fiestier then most kittypets... though she still was as sweet and gorgeous as a rose. A yellow rose. A pretty petal, just like her name suggested. The tom wondered how hard it would be to convince her to run away with him; leave her home behind and join SkyClan with him, build a new life there... but he was getting way ahead of himself.

Drizzleshard would not be happy with him at all for thinking about that type of thing. The tom managed to calm himself down, solely for the focus of the task at hand. "Now then, let's try something else. We'll be coming back to this in a little bit, but this time, I want you to focus on attacking me. Don't think about trying to stop me right now, because I'm just going to be standing here in a defense position. You come at me and do your best to take me down." The tom instructed, his golden eyes gleaming as he watched her. He knew these exercises could get boring after a while, but when she was ready... he would teach her how to combine the two to make for a powerful force in battle.
"No cat would be able to do anything without confidence." Cherrypaw countered, panting harder than her mentor was. She shook the dirt off of her pelt. Confidence was one of Cherrypaw's defining qualities. At least, that's what she thought. There's too many cats fussing over their insecurities, she thought. If every cat in SkyClan had a fraction of Cherrypaw's confidence (or ego more like), they'd rule all of the Clans. "At least I have some." She muttered, unsure if he mentor could hear her or not.

Cherrypaw took in a couple deep breaths, feeling like she was stretching out her lungs past their capacity. She was trying to get a large intake of air while she still could. Occasionally, the apprentice found herself struggling or even forgetting to breath while she fought. She was too focused on other things, such as watching her opponent and thinking about her next move. It was hard to focus on so many things at once. And it was hard to be good at what she was doing at the same time. Cherrypaw figured that it would just take practice, but she wanted to be good now. Blazingcomet offered a lot of knowledge and she just wanted to learn it all at once, not over the span of six or so moons. The apprentice also wanted a chance to prove herself to her Clan, but she didn't want to wait until she was a warrior for that chance to come.

Excited to do something else, Cherrypaw nodded, showing that she understood the goal. But that didn't exactly mean she knew what she was going to do. it would be hard to take the tom down. If the apprentice still thought defending herself against Blazingcomet's attacks was hard, she wouldn't think so anymore. Cherrypaw was small, practically weightless compared to the tom, and only a little stronger than a kit. If she threw herself at him with as much force as she could manage, it seemed to her that it was unlikely that he would fall. Blazingcomet's defensive stance probably ensured that he was perfectly balanced. However, maybe Cherrypaw could unbalance the tom. It may not have been the best and most tactical idea- and it might not have been what her mentor had in mind- but it was the only idea that the apprentice had come up with.

Once the two cats were both ready, Cherrypaw sprinted to the right. Her paws were moving so fast over the ground that it felt like she was hovering over the earth. The wind rushed into her ears, sending a tingling sensation through her small body. Just as quickly as the apprentice launched herself forward and to the right, she switched directions, now sprinting towards the left. After a heartbeat or two, she moved to the right again. She did this up until she was about a tail-length away from the ginger tom. She hoped that her direction changes might have made Blazingcomet lean in a certain direction in anticipation of her attack. With no where else to go, Cherrypaw closed the space between the two cats by pouncing on the older cat, aiming towards his shoulder, trying to get him to fall to his right.

[ Really bad writers block while writing this. Sorry! ]

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic