View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 02:45 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post
The warrior would be lying if she said she had expected Jaypaw to do what he had just done. In fact, she was very surprised by her apprentice's adaptive thinking. She didn't have much time to reflect on that, as the younger tom sent her staggering to the side, and she tried to regain a bit of steadiness.

She instinctively went to a defensive stance, her head being the closest thing to her apprentice, as she tried to leave her flanks, which were where her weakest spot was, out of reach. She then relaxed, though her paws went a little bit into the dirt underneath, as she was determined not to be thrown off guard a second time.
Your fighting skills are decent, at best. What made you think you were worthy of training that apprentice ? A voice that sounded like a twisted version of her own resonated in her mind. She shook her off, instead taking her focus back on the fight.

"Alright, not bad, not bad at all. I'll admit, I didn't think you'd put so much thought and strenght into that move. But ... we're not done yet."

Ignoring her itch to clean herself, even for just a bit, she took a step forward, putting her weight on her hind legs while she crouched down slightly, and made a feint of attack. She repeated the process a few times, always going back swiftly to her previous position.

Then she stopped, and got into a position were her entire body was exposed.

"Now, it's your turn. Us Windclan cats rely on speed more than the other clans. I heard you were quick on your paws, so now's your chance to prove this rumor true." She gave a flick of the head to her sides, silently indicating to Jaypaw where to aim.
Jaypaw scrambled away from his mentor as they both landed on their side, getting to his paws quickly and crouching down, preparing for another frontal attack. This time, he relaxed for a bit, nodding as Shiningfeather spoke. He hadn't put much thought in, he would admit, as his quick thinking had come up with the first - and probably easiest - way out. "Alright," he mewed, nodding in understanding.

This time, as the young apprentice studied his mentor's stance. As she directed his attention to her flanks, he quickly was able to devise a plan. The rumor of him being fast was definitely true, and a smile quickly formed on his face as he was presented with the opportunity to prove it. Perhaps this would sway the opinions of his Clanmates; being noted as once of WindClan's fastest apprentices would definitely earn him a spot amongst their good graces.

"Just put all your faith in your paws," Jaypaw whispered to himself. He rocked back on his hind legs before launching himself across the terrain. His paws skimmed the ground as he shot like a bullet towards his mentor. His speed was quite surprising, and the apprentice acted as if he was going to aim for her left side flank. At the last moment, as he came within a tail-length of his mentor, the gray tom darted to the side, hurtling himself at her exposed right right side, claws outstretched in order to knock her over to the side.