View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Into Abandoned Territory [Private]

@Aura @2018 Okapi @Deranged Llama @Broken Madness @Empress Of Evil

(Sorry for the small delay. Long story.)

The grove in which Shinefang had slipped was quiet, and dim. Thin lines of light slipped between the bare branches overhead. It was quieter here. Shinefang took a breath, grateful for the moment alone. He hadn't been on a patrol in some moons and spent more time alone or almost alone with his thoughts, his herbs, and his patients than he ever had. He had gotten used to the relative stillness. But he wasn't here to slack either. The ground here was on a downward slope, and about five fox lengths up ahead, he could see frozen soil from more wet, boggy terrain. He padded toward it, hearing the frozen clumps of dead leaves crunching beneath his paws as he approached a tree and and braced his forepaws against the smooth bark. He dug his claws into a lose piece and pulled it loose with a small grunt. The wood beneath was red as blood. "Alder. I thought so," he said out loud. He turned his head sideways and gripped the edge of the bark like he was peeling the trees skin off, pulling it free and letting strips drop to the ground. He perked his ears and looked behind him, imagining the others wouldn't be far behind. "I'm over here," he called, his eye quickly surveying the space around him as he parted his jaws to scent any cats he didn't recognize. Finding nothing, he sratched down another bark strip.