View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:24 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: February Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm chuckled and nodded in response to Shinefang's remark, agreeing. "I've plenty of time since things between us and Thunderclan have... calmed down for the moment." The medicine cat ignored the sinking feeling in his stomach when he remembered what he knew about the event that nobody else knew: that it had been a, now dead, WindClan cat that had caused the entire conflict to happen. He shook the feeling away, burying it in his subconscious again. "Not to mention, I've had extra paws helping me lately."
The medicine cat jumped a bit in surprise at the sudden appearance of Juniperpaw, but visibly relaxed when he realized that it was just the medicine cat of RiverClan. She seemed very happy to see Shinefang, which peaked his interest. They must be good friends, he concluded after a moment without another thought. He dipped his head as he was introduced by Shinefang, even though they already technically knew each other at least a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @Zero to Hero

Juniperpaw didn't even notice Surgestorm until Shinefang mentioned the WindClan tom's presence. She dipped her head in a respectful greeting but couldn't help but add an upbeat ``Hi!``. She didn't know Surgestorm as well as she knew Shinefang but that didn't mean she couldn't be friendly - and her natural self with was potentially irritating. ``Caliapaw,`` Juniperpaw corrected, glancing briefly at Shinefang before turning back to Surgestorm. ``How were the injuries on your end? Treatable, I hope, not too many casualties?`` The 'paw was genuinely concerned about the well-being of WindClan. RiverClan itself mainly only faced a few scratches and she was interested in learning about the other clans. She didn't even consider the fact that their clans had different allies; after all, borders were not acknowledged by medicine cats.
While Juniperpaw made small talk with Surgestrom, Shinefang turned his attention to the stone where the three leader's sat perched. It seemed that Blazingstar's attempt to start the Gathering without Thunderclan and Shadowclan present had gone over about as well as a cat jumping from a tree branch in the hopes that he might figure out flying. Now the new Riverclan leader, a burly black tom, was suddenly a huffy hissing mess. Pride welled in his chest as he watched his leader address the two. In the moon that Grousestar had been ill, Shinefang had gotten to know the tom as more than a leader or another clanmate, now he regarded the tabby tom as a friend as well. His claws nearly twitched from their sheaths as Fallenstar wheeled on his leader, and he leered, his tail thumping as he struggled to keep calm. Shinefang had been a warrior first and foremost, and his heart still called him to battle in spite of his pesky body's refusal to keep up. Next there was an unexpected wave of something like gratitude as Auroraflame spoke up, and pride again Grousestar retorted in a manner that was strong, but firm. He really was a good leader to Skyclan. Shinefang should know, he'd seen plenty. But watching the exchange, the old tom was suddenly struck with the absurdity of being surrounded by some of the closest advisers to Fallenstar and Blazingstar. As medicine cats, their leaders looked to them for guidance at times, especially regarding the Starclan. The way medicine cat interacted together had always seemed odd to him, the way clan rivalries good be put aside. He had felt divided as a warrior from other clan cats. It was a surreal thing to be such close company with cats from other clans like this. Or maybe, it just seemed like it should be. That's how he had been raised. It was the way of a warrior. But...this was Junebug. He couldn't imagine being anyway but close with her. Shinefang had his head on a swivel, watching the two medicine cats with his good eye as the heated conversation went on above them and the odd storm of emotions surged within him. It was his humor that helped him plant his paws on the ground again. He shook his head and whispered loud enough for just the two of them to hear, "Kits with eight more lives than usual, I swear."