View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2020, 05:51 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

[ @gs29513 @SpookyScarySkeletons -this is my last reply!]

As the warrior hurried off, Irisflame redirected her attention to the apprentice...who had disappeared. He was quite speedy, for a cat who had just broken their neck. She couldn't even see him in the clearing. Why were apprentices so careless? She pressed a tentative paw outside her den, then decided against it. If he wanted to go, he'd go. There was no stopping a stubborn cat. She knew from experience. Light amusement lit up her gaze as she paced the den, awaiting his mentor's return.

As footsteps greeted her from the mouth of the den, she smiled half-heartedly at the molly. The seeds looked right. Yellow poppy seeds would work just as well.
"These look about right. He dragged himself!f off somewhere. Take two of these seeds to him, and I'll take the rest." She mewed, her tone soft. The warrior still looked half-terrified that she's done something horribly wrong. And she had every right to be, she supposed. "Go on. I have to check on other patients. I'll see you around!"

[ @ChillCat ]

Irisflame's ocean orbs trailed over the new covering, dabbing at any gauze that seemed to have crept under the cobwebs. She sat back to admire her handiwork. And to think. Boo seemed at ease in the den, which was not something she saw very often. Most cats just wrinkled their nose at the stench and sat down like it was punishment. If they wanted to be like that, she'd leave them all to rot with their injuries. But...the thoughtfulness was unfamilliar. Not bad. Just different.
Grinning at the compliment, the blue-grey she-cat tapped at her heart with her tail.

"Thanks, boo! I don't get it too often, actually. Cats should learn some respect from you. You're a sweetheart." She praised, voice pooling with warmth. Despite the exhausted tug at her eyelids, the molly left her feeling energised. It was nice to have some quiet energy around. She'd miss the warrior once she was gone. Mention of The Tyrant sent her pulsing with a dull anger. She was not a fan of the leader, who claimed to be the best the next big thing.
"Knowing Dawnstar, she won't care a bit. It's crazy, but I wouldn't question her. She could get rid of you like that..." Thoughts of blood and flesh clogged her brain. Tyrant could do the unexpected. She had become leader, for a start. And she'd been even colder than Icestar. Two seemingly impossible things, thrust upon them.

"I am not excited for her reign."

[later]

Nightfall had been thrust upon them. The wind whistled a sweet time as it flew among the stars, melody fresh in the medicine cat's ears. Her pelt had been whitewashed by moonlight. It truly was a magical sight.
Silence greeted her ears as she woke, jolted from a horrid nightmare. She could still remember her father's face. His claws at her throat. Ivory ripping across flesh, and a river of scarlet swallowing her whole. A faint metallic tang stuck in the back of her throat, a small souvenir from father dearest. Ugh. Maggotfather...

Drawing herself upright, she gazed across at Scorchstrike's stirring form.
"Can't sleep?"

[ @Zesty Mango @The Ink Demon ]

Irisflame approached the collapsed figure with caution. She didn't smell of Shasowclan. Well, she did, but the scent was distant. Perhaps she was one of those 'missing' cats. That would make more sense. Edging her shoulder underneath the she-cat's pelt, she attempted to drag her into a nest. The best she could do was make the 'paw use it as a headrest. Upper body strength was not big in her department.
The molly's injuries were also a topic of interest. A leg had been perfectly amputated- done by twolegs, surely- had a menagerie of scratches and a small snake bite on a front leg. She'd clearly been in the wars.

"Ebonyfang! I need you!" The medicine cat cried, her call echoing off of the nearly enclosed space, "Alright, champ. What happened to you, and how recently did you get that bite?"

[ @Arie @eerie elysian @The Ink Demon ]

Irisflame lifted her head from her half-groomed pelt as a bloodied figure staggered in. Her initial reaction sent fear and surprise racing down her spine before the she-cat realized who exactly had staggered in. It was her dearest cousin, Spittle, and Buzz. It was Buzz, wasn't it? Orbs narrowed to irritated slits, the medicine cat guided the shaking tom to the nearest vacant nest, while Pebbles took the liberty of claiming one herself.
The metallic scent of the scarlet liquid abused her nose. It was a hard smell, nonetheless a hard sight to endure, which would make this healing particularly difficult.
"A buzzard? Hah! Buzz, attacked by his namesake." She exclaimed, her annoyance tainting a strained chuckle. It was hard not to be annoyed at her cousin. She always managed to get herself into harmful fixes like this. And worst of all? She didn't seem to care. Her dumb, dumb cousin just went back to hugging birds and trees and anything that was remotely harmful.

One of these days, Irisflame herself would be the harmful thing Spittle decided to hug. "Just lay back, and me and Ice-clone will check out your injuries. And- just because I'm healing you, Pebbles, doesn't mean I'm not going to scold you. Boney? We've got new patients!" She yowled, voice carrying across the cave. Turning to Buzz, she eyed the 'paw with a wince. Her was, quite frankly, a mess. He was bloodied, mangled, and had an eyeball missing. Even she couldn't prevent a small shudder. Upon closer inspection, she found that his eye socket had been stuffed with moss.
Doetuft's handiwork, for sure. Though she was glad she'd prevented his blood loss, it must have been horribly painful and it just may have increased his chances of infection.

Nabbing her herbs, she got to work cleaning up Buzz's wounds with careful strokes of her tongue. She'd leave Spittle to Ebonyfang. The Stars only knew what she would do if she'd decided to heal the molly.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3