View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2019, 07:46 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Don't Tread On RiverClan

@BILL. @Delta @Starfall

Owlfeather nodded a silent thanks to the two apprentices for being brave enough to join her up here. She gave them both a warm glance, fierce pride blazing in her eyes at the bravery of her clan's young cats. If Agaveheart wasn't around to break the news, or to decide whether or not to break the news, she might have to tell Lionstorm what was going on. At this point, it seemed it was either that or watch this massive RiverClan patrol destroy their camp. And it seemed as if time was running out. The enemy patrol looked fidgety, anxious to unsheathe their claws and sink them into the nearest ShadowClan cat, tearing them apart like a juicy bit of prey. She dreaded the thought of unnecessary bloodshed.
Furthermore, she agreed with Cardinalpaw. That's a first, she thought as she mulled over the words of the hot-headed apprentice. Whether her clanmates had been moving the border or not, it seemed wrong to instigate a raid on their camp, threatening the safety of kits and elders. This was the very heart of their territory, the place where all cats were supposed to feel safe and cared for. To have such a large enemy patrol within their safehaven was a threat unlike any other.
Owlfeather took one last sweeping glance around the clearing, desperately hoping to see Agaveheart pushing through the entrance barrier to spare her the responsibility of making this decision. But the old medicine cat was nowhere to be found. The tortoiseshell she-cat drew in a deep, steady breath, shutting her eyes in thought for what felt like a long moment. She agonized over the words she was about to say.

"Windystar is dead," She stated sternly. The words felt tough and bitter like crow-food in her mouth. She'd never actually had to utter that phrase before. She glared daggers at the foolhardy RiverClan deputy. "Forestshade is in no place to take up the position," she added, being intentionally vague about the situation.

"If you've got quarrels, they're to be taken up with either Agaveheart or a senior warrior. The latter would be me, at the moment. While we are in this difficult position, I assure you that ShadowClan will still fight you tooth and claw to defend every scrap of our home and our honor. This has not weakened us. We are fit, strong, and plenty in numbers, and you have shoved your oversized nose into our business. You'll not be forgiven easily for making such a stupid decision." Her normally gentle and diplomatic demeanor was beginning to dissolve with the growing hatred that she felt for Lionstorm. Part of her wondered if he was acting outside Fallenstar's orders.
She at last let her fur begin to bristle, making her look larger, but she still sat proudly in front of the patrol.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!