View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2016, 01:06 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

@Lunacross

Despite ruining what otherwise would have been another day of nothingness, or perhaps joking around the camp (the standard, loyalist warrior's equivalent to nothingness), Cakeless supposed he wasn't too terribly upset by the change of plans. Mostly because it was Bucknight, not anybody else; had a different cat tried to drag him out on patrol, they would have been met with a sharp-tongued response usually heard from elders. But it wasn't that he meant anything rude by it, as sarcasm was purely his means of expressing himself.

He was fortunate that Bucknight spoke his language and seemed to understand him better than his clanmates, though to be fair he rarely gave them a chance to. His circles consisted of his adoptive family--long since forgotten the key aspect, adoptive--and Bucknight, and he was perfectly content with that.

The term of endearment elicited a short bark of laughter; he was truly too much of a romantic for his own good, a trait not many would guess about the fearless leader of RiverClan with high ambitions and questionable morals. "You ought to put them on something worthwhile," Cakeless responded with his usual form of self-deprecating humor, hiding the smirk on his muzzle. Really, there was no place he'd rather have Bucknight's gaze, but watching the path in front of him was important. "Only I can get away with staring at you the whole day and dodging my duties as a warrior, remember?"

Allowing the subject to drop, Cakeless listened to the plan and processed it carefully, a critical perspective examining each piece of the idea and analyzing it. The mention of the Dusk Syndicate had him ill at ease--although it wasn't outwardly reflected, the uncertainty clawed at him after countless tales of his father's history with them, and his grandmother's involvement in the gang. Briefly, he wondered if he should ask if Bucknight had someone lined up to manage ThunderClan's remains when it fell, if not himself, but decided against it, for it felt almost insulting to inquire. "Definitely," he agreed easily, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know why you think you need my approval. It sounds as if you're ready to take over the forest as it is. ..What did you have in mind for WindClan?" Dapplestar didn't seem like the type who would simply surrender, but maybe if she knew it was a battle she couldn't win without major losses..

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; November 8th, 2016 at 01:06 AM.