View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ yas! that's a great idea! maybe when Obsidian comes back, the twoleg could be trying to take her away? or she's fighting a badger or a fox or something ]

Calia found Obsidian's comment on twolegs to be biased. Clearly, both her and him had different experiences with twolegs, but she understood everybody had their own opinion. It simply happened that the two had completely separate opinions on twolegs. She kept her disagreement hidden, refusing to reveal any negativity she owned. Despite her mental negative reaction towards Obsidian's comment, she answered with a bright, ``Oh, don't you worry about the twoleg. I assure you he's no trouble.``

She was reminded of the blue ribbon that was wrapped around her throat, and she flashed Obsidian a kind smile and a soft shake of her head. ``No, no - there's no need. It just gets itchy sometimes,`` She meowed reassuringly. She wouldn't want to make him uneasy, taking her ribbon off. She knew closeness could result in an uncomfortable mood, and based off Obsidian's reserved nature, he would find the closeness uncomfortable ``Maybe I'll tell you the story behind it one day- er, later, I mean.`` Calia chuckled nervously, anxiously shuffling her paws at her obvious mistake. ``I'm sorry. No pressure.`` She didn't want to add weight to the tomcat's shoulders, pressuring him to stay by playing the guilt card. She was incredibly selfless, and even if she loved Obsidian like a brother, she would let him leave if that was what he wished. She would not hold him back.

She subconsciously shook out her pelt, her long fur stormily moving with the excessive shaking. The thick fur around her neck, like a lion's mane, barely moved it was so thick. She finally stopped, flicking her ears and twitching her whiskers. ``Do you have any wounds you need to be treated?`` Cautiously, she stepped closer to him, stretching out her muzzle, her nose twitching as she sniffed for any signs of injuries. As she did this, she kept her eye on him, looking out for a sign of uneasiness. She didn't want him to be uncomfortable, and if he disliked their closeness, she would willingly step back. Calia simply wanted to make sure Obsidian was okay.

{We can message more about it and work out some details if you would like ^^}
The black furred tom looked a little skeptical at her remark on the twoleg, but shrugged it off after a moment. If this cat had been living there for that long without trouble, he figured he should go by her word. After all, her word should be good enough. At least, the word of a cat who had lived here for most of her life. That was the word he was going on, not necessarily Calia's alone. The tip of his tail flicked like a switch, but after a moment he sighed and gave her an almost angry look-- though not quite. He didn't want that cat who had acted-- strangely-- like a Mother to return. A shudder went down his spine for a moment before he finally was able to meet Calia's gaze. "If you say so. But twolegs have never been a fan of me-- black cats, bad luck. In their minds." He shrugged halfheartedly as though he'd heard the words a million times. Black cats, bad luck. Again and again those four words seemed to replay in his head.

And he hated them. It was all superstition, and yet he was the one suffering for people's ignorance. It was nothing but a myth, and yet his brother had lived in the very height of fashion while he was forced to become this. Fun, right? He glanced at the ribbon again, noting that it appeared that it was choking her. Nervous-- she doesn't want to take my time-- tight, too, and bright-- pretty color-- why's it look like that? He thought, cocking his head to one side. Obsidian's thoughts were arranging themselves into an orderly fashion, and he felt as though he owed her at least something.

"You sure? It's really no trouble-- it would be the least I can do." He mewed in the friendliest tone he had yet used. He understood that it might be unnecessary to do so, but even if it was... at least he would be helping. Obsidian hated the thought of being 'useless;' and he was determined to prove that he wasn't. To everyone. Even Calia, if he needed to...though he was hoping things wouldn't come to that, hoping that the she cat would be more of the understanding type...and from what he had seen, she was. It was one of the things that made him feel more comfortable. Her next words sent a chill down his spine. No pressure. Words he had heard, but that were very rarely meant.

If you don't want someone to feel pressured, why tell them there's no pressure? Just don't mention it. Obsidian thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth, back and forth until it looked as though the tip were going to fall off from how quickly he was switching it in that manner. Obsidian swallowed lightly, trying to act as though he were perfectly fine-- he really wasn't, however. It was a rare occasion when he was actually fine. "Not that I know of, no," He mewed, stepping away from her. There was no bodily sign that he was uncomfortable; just his eyes flitting back and forth showed that perhaps he would be more at ease with distance. He didn't say anything else. Obsidian was not a cat that, once a situation got awkward, he tried to salvage conversation-- just the opposite, as a matter of fact.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.