Thread: Smallpines
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:40 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ThunderClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post

Mixedfur faced away from the river as he laid in a large heap of downy wet fur. His fur was fairly still damp, and he wished that the sun would dry it as quickly as possible. The fish still laid by his side; untouched. Although he was tempted to eat half of it and give the rest to his mate, but he thought this was unfair, and he restrained himself from even touching it slightly.

He began to silently groom himself, wondering where his mate was, and why it was taking her too long. Was her siblings trying to talk her out of coming back to him? If they were, it would be a waste of time...and a problem. After all, she was bound to get pregnant soon, and the kits would constantly be picked on for being half-clan. Splashheart didn’t want that, did she? Course she didn’t, because he didn’t.

And, they were in love. No cat should be separated from the one they loved. At all. Not from family, not from clans,and definitely not from the warrior code! As his fur continued to dry, and he licked himself clean from the water, he could hear pawprints, and a familiar change of scent entered his nostrils. He got up immediately and embraced her, sniffing her all over to make sure she was okay. ‘’What is it, my love?’’ He had heard her yell his name, and he wondered what was wrong with her. If there was anything wrong with her.

Mixedfur quickly trotted back to the river to pick up the large fish he had caught, and he dropped it at her paws, gently. ‘’There’s something to satisfy your cravings.’’ He joked before he noticed the vole, and gently grabbed for it to begin eating. He was happy to finally get something into his stomach after they have awoken, and he wondered what the day would bring them. ‘’You seem excited,’’ he purred after he devoured the vole and licked his maw. ‘’What happened?’’ He figured it had to be something with her family, and he wanted to know everything about it. For now on, he wanted to know about everything with her day. She was his mate. He would forever be interested in her as long as the two were living. Even in starclan he would love to know everything about her.

He went up to her, and hooked his neck around hers, giving her cheek a tenderness of washed affection.
Splashheart grinned once he reached her, reaching up to press her head against his with a loud purr. "I love you." She whispered with as mile. She let him take the vole and immediately lowered her head, taking a bite of the fish at her paws, relieved to have something on her stomach now. Gulping down a few bites and licking her lips, she looked up every once in a while to watch her mate eat.

A smile twitched at her lips, and the purr in her chest grew stronger. She took another bite and swallowed, closing her eyes briefly. This would be perfect, she was certain. And she was completely grateful to have her siblings support. Though even if she hadnt, she would have gone anyway. She was pregnant for StarClan's sake, her kits needed to be with both their parents. Though even before she told them she was expecting they were still supportive of her decision. All but Roarclaw, though in the end he gave up attempting to run off to kill Mixedfur long enough to give Splashheart 'permission'.

She found herself grinning, finishing off the rest of the fish and sitting up. Her smile widened as she looked at her mate. "I am excited," She said, then giggled."They took it...Surprisingly well. Foxthorn was a little upset, but once I told him that we'd see eachother at gatherings and across the border he cheered up. Honeyfur told me I was crazy then said if I didnt come visit her every day she'd slap me and you both, Roarclaw...Well he wanted to kill you but once he was done raging he told me to yowl his name if I ever needed anything." She giggled. "Snowsong was the most supportive. And she told me that i'd better bring her nieces and nephews to visit when they were old enough. And then they all told me they loved me and called me an otter-cat." She laughed.

Her blue eyes were shining as she looked at her mate, grinning happily. "And that was about it. You might wanna watch out while you're patrolling though, because Roarclaw might be near." She added jokingly, a grin on her face.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust