View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2017, 01:52 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Oakenshade sat under a dark shadow cast by a widespread willow tree. The sound of the river bubbling filled his ears. It was peaceful, and he enjoyed listening to it whenever he had some down time. His tail flicked back and forth behind his lean form, brushing quietly by the reeds that surrounded him every few moments. His brilliant gaze was fixed vacantly on his dark tabby paws as he sat there in the shade, deep in thought.

It had been a few sunrises since ShadowClan had left there territory, but their scent had yet to wash away. There hadn't been rain for a couple of days either, but he didn't mind. The ground was still working to dry itself after the flood practically drove it from dry to peaty to a full-out muddy river in places a river had yet to occupy. Oakenshade hadn't minded the unfamiliar cats' presence once he got used to the fact they were staying in camp, but it did make his territory crowded.

Oakenshade blinked and twitched an ear. These few downtime moments were nice, when he could spare them. Sure, he enjoyed training and hunting as much as the next cat, maybe more, but even an ambitious tom cat like him needed his fair time of peace and quiet for a few moments. Oakenshade took a deep breath of the moist air and relaxed his shoulders. He had hunted all morning, for him, this afternoon could be a time for rest and recuperation.
@Constellation

Last edited by Undercover; October 13th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.