View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:09 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The deputy was not really sure what to think of the cat. Honestly, Auroraflame was normally annoyed when cats sounded so annoyed even though she'd hardly said anything, yet this time she didn't frown or feel grumpy. As a bright amber eye came into view, the she-cat had to suppress a shiver from running down her spine. Either this tom was really good at keeping one eye closed, or he was missing an eye. She decided not to ask about it, at least not right now anyway. She didn't know this cat, and she didn't want to risk the chance of him being sensitive.
"Oh nothing. I just came by to see if the rumours were true," Auroraflame said. I'm too graceful to twist my paw, she thought, a flicker of amusement flashing across her eyes at her own joke. "My paws are all perfectly fine and well functioning," She continued.
"Oh. Uh, okay," Auroraflame said, slightly weirded out by the sudden fact. The deputy had to bite back the urge to make a comment about how old he must be. Well, she managed to stop herself from saying it aloud. How old is this cat? She thought, her icy gaze scanning the tom. With the way that he grumbled all the time and muttered under his breath, Auroraflame could already tell that he was very impatient. Once again, she wasn't sure how to react to this. Suddenly the thought of sharing prey with this tom seemed a little comfortable to her. It wasn't because he was old, but just because he seemed so grouchy and Auroraflame had the feeling that sooner or later, he would say something she didn't like and she would find herself with another cat to not like. And he didn't seem very happy to meet her, or happy with her presence - not that everyone was happy with her presence. "No. I just wanted to give you this rabbit and maybe ask a few questions," Auroraflame said, pushing the rabbit towards him. She sat down where she was, curling her tail neatly around her paws. If this tom was now the medicine cat of SkyClan, then Auroraflame would want to know a thing or to about him. Like how was he chosen? Did StarClan choose him? Or did he ask Grousestar for the position? How did he know which herb was which and what each herb did? The deputy had a load of questions, and had to run her tongue along her teeth repeatedly to stop them from tumbling out all at once.
Sinefang glanced down at the shecat's paws to confirm that they did indeed look unhurt, as if not quite able to take her word for it. He noticed the plump looking rabbit she had brought in at the same moment, she said that she'd brought it for him. "That's for me?" the old tom said, a hint of disbelief in his eyes, but the shecat appeared sincere. "That's the best piece of prey I've seen in moons. Did you catch that?" he asked, a wisp of admiration in his tone. Shinefang could respect any cat that could serve their clan well. That was the entire reason he was here after all. As far as the old warrior was concerned, the day he would stop serving his clan would also be the day he died. "If you're here to share freshkill like that with me, you can ask me whatever you like," he meowed, his mouth watering as he looked hungrily at the prey. "Rabbit is my favorite."