View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(Ack! No thanks for reminding me! I am blowing up today, and one or two is bound to get away from me. Keep me on track, Role!)

Shinefang resisted the urge to drop her paw at the sound of her yelp. He didn't like hurting a young cat any more than the next warrior. Summoning all his self-control, he gently lowered her paw to the ground to guide her back into the nest. "Shhhhhh, it's ok. We're done, we're done. You did so well. Go ahead and lick up those poppy seeds." As soon as the apprentice was settled, he shuffled over to his shelf of herbs, and took a breath, trying to calm himself. Nothing about that had been enjoyable! He felt like claws had raked his insides when he heard that little shecat scream. Get your tail moving, Shinefang! his inner voice chided him. You act like you've never seen a hurt cat before. With a grunt, he reached into his stores and started to pull out all the herbs he thought might be even remotely helpful: Comfrey for the swelling and the bones, yarrow for bleeding on the claws. Goldenrod maybe? Can't hurt. And some wild garlic to prevent infection. The medicine cat collected all the herbs in a pile and took a big mouthful, chewing them up and wincing at the taste of the garlic. He made his way over the Oakpaw and scraped the globbed mixture off his tongue. I landed with a plop on the ground and he scooped it up and very gently began to apply the herbs. "How are you feeling now?" he asked, keeping his voice level and calm. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her.
Oakpaw shakily bent her head to lap up the small black seeds. As soon as they were swallowed, the effects began to kick in. Her entire body felt numb and as if stones were dragging them down, and her eyes began to droop slightly. The molly kneaded her nest with her good paw a few times and lay down. As Shinefang spoke again, she snapped back into reality. A warm, gooey liquid was plastered onto her paw, making her wrinkle her nose with disgust. "Much better, and a little tired," she informed before tipping her head. "What is that?"

(Short!
And okay ill be sure to keep you on track if i can XD Ill be off from time to time. Havent been sleeping well x.x)