View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2018, 05:30 PM

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Russelfur politely listened to Obsidiansky's answer, that they were headed for a border. He then nodded quite pleasantly in response, with a little "ah" of acknowledgement, further ensuring that he understood. But his mind immediately went to another question that he tried not to ask, but for the sake of learning, added, "...Who's border?"

While the thick-shouldered tom awaited a response, he was brought to a sudden halt of surprise when the frisky little tortie zoomed right past his paws. Then back again, and again, and again. Slowly, Russelfur continued to walk again, and as a result, the energy-blind Jitterpaw crashed headfirst into Russel's heavy forearm. The chartreaux didn't budge. Yet, ever so politely in tone, looked down at her dizzy expression and asked, "Do you not feel tired yet? You're making me exhausted just watching you."

"Nope!"
Jitterpaw, panting heavily, tripped and wobbled over her own legs a few moments before regaining her bounds and started up again, this time trotting up to Infernosky's side, bi-colored optics dilated slightly and obviously a little out of it as far as being hyper.

"Where are we going? When are we gonna get there? Are we gonna do some fighting? Can I start first? What's that way? Can I---"

"Jitterpaw!"
Infernosky cut her off loud and firm, glaring down at her with an icy hazel green glare, "Calm down. Why don't you reserve your energy for training? You don't want to be exhausted by the time we get there." Her tone was not one of unleashed anger and frustration, but constructive, stern, criticism. Jitterpaw stopped, took a deep breath, and stopped her wild grinning. She slowed her pace and flanked Russelfur, who patted her on the head reassuringly before continuing their trek into the territory.

"I apologize," Infernosky turned with a slightly apologetic look to Obsidiansky, "Jitterpaw has a lot to learn about warrior etiquette."
After things were a little calmer, and Obsidiansky emerged from the silence to ask the former deputy about her past Windclan life, she took a few moments to think back on some of those memories before she responded. As of recently, she had only taken the time to remember the hardships, including the news of Dapplestar's disappearance. But, as she focused more on the black tom's question---what was being deputy like? What was Dapplestar like? Minus all the pain they endured together. What about the good times? She decided to answer with those memories; the memories of what Windclan was at it's best, and at it's most peaceful and thriving times.

"Well...being deputy was not any different in task or experience than the deputy we have now---Onyxwhisper, yes? On the plain, uneventful days of Windclan, I mainly organized patrols, checked in on the elders, instructed some apprentices...you know. But Dapplestar," Infernosky's expression changed when she transitioned into talking about Windclan's former leader, "Well, she was everything a leader could be, and perhaps more than I could have done. She...unified us as a clan. She gave us her everything, she knew almost everyone quite well, and she even made room for love, and kits, on top of it all. When Windclan came upon hard times...almost when it seemed impossible to have hope...she was strong." As she said this, images of Dapplestar's caged, brusied and bloodied body flashed in her mind during the time of Eternalstar. Infernosky could never forget the way she looked at her through those cage bars...the strength she still had, the determination and courage she had, even when she could barely breathe or stand. And the faith she had in Infernosky, that she would take care of Windclan.

The former deputy fell silent a few moments. In efforts to dwell more on the simpler times of being deputy, she continued, "Perhaps some of my most favored times with Dapplestar was when we would go out on small hunting trips, and she would ask me for advice on clan matters, whether it was the progress of an apprentice, or an opinion on some loners, or larger matters like feuds with other clans. We fought quite well together." She paused a few moments, deep in thought. Then she added, "That time...that was when I felt like I really knew my place. I felt like...like I was built just to be Dapplestar's deputy. And suddenly it all was ripped away..."

At this thought, Infernosky suddenly realized; if she hadn't been taken away by Hickory and his band of rogues, could she be leader right now? Dapplestar went missing...Infernosky would have to then step up and take her place. She didn't know how to react to such a thought. Was it an accident? Did Starclan intentionally take her away? Did she even believe in Starclan? During her time as deputy, she didn't believe in the clan's starry ancestors. Was that why she couldn't be leader? Suddenly, loads of questions seemed to pummel her mind, and she felt herself go very quiet, her expression returning to it's unfriendly, stone-like gaze, staring intensely at the path before her.
@Lonestar23

Last edited by InfernoFlicker; February 11th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.